The New York Times is running a before-and-after case study for La Grande Dame, which is a BigCommerce store owned by Catherine Wood Hill selling plus-sized clothing for women. The article shares some interesting before-and-after details about Catherine’s online store, including:
- She switched from a custom-built solution to BigCommerce
- Page load times dropped from 2.7 seconds to just a few milliseconds
- Traffic has more than doubled from 300 to 626 unique visits per day
- Loves BigCommerce’s SuperZoom photo zoom feature
- Sales of $16,000 in September without using Google AdWords
- Predicting $20,000 in sales for December
The stand out piece from the article is definitely the greater than 100% increase in traffic since switching to BigCommerce:
While it’s too early to assess the new site’s impact on sales, traffic has increased sharply. From Oct. 1 to Nov. 1, Ms. Hill said, La Grande Dame averaged 300 unique visitors and 370 total visitors a day. In the first six days following the redesign, she reports a daily average of 626 unique visitors and 689 total visitors.
As we all know, traffic can make or break an online store. Although we can’t promise switching to BigCommerce will give you a 100% increase in traffic, there are so many testimonials saying the same thing, so it’s definitely something to consider if you’re not happy with your current shopping cart software.