Enable 2Checkout on your BigCommerce store
A few simple steps to set up 2Checkout
To use the 2Checkout payment gateway for your BigCommerce store, you’ll need to follow a few simple steps in both the 2Checkout admin site and your BigCommerce control panel.
On the 2Checkout site
- If you don’t already have a 2Checkout account, sign up now
- Log in, then go to Account > Site Management from the main menu
- Under Return Method, select “Direct Return (2CO's URL)” for the “After completing an order, buyers should be” setting
- Type a word of your choice into the Secret Word field
- Paste your BigCommerce store URL into the Approved URL field (example: https://store-123abc.mybigcommerce.com/checkout.php?action=gateway_ping&provider=checkout_2checkout)
- Click Save Changes
In your BigCommerce control panel
- Go to Settings > Store Settings > Payments from the menu on the left
- On the Payment Methods page, click the “More payment methods” button
- Check the box for 2Checkout (Hosted) and click Save
- A confirmation message will appear, as well as a new tab for 2Checkout (Hosted)
- On the 2Checkout settings tab, enter:
- Display Name: This is how 2Checkout will be shown to shoppers if you offer them more than one payment provider to choose from.
- Seller ID: You can find your Seller ID at the top of the page in your 2Checkout admin.
- Secret Word: The secret word you assigned to your 2Checkout account when following the instructions above.
- Test Mode: Test transactions help make sure your 2Checkout account is set up and working correctly. Be sure to set this to NO when your site is ready to go live.