Most Popular Reads
- 55 Ecommerce Metrics & KPIs You Need to Measure to Drive 10X Growth [Downloadable Tracker Included]
- The Complete Guide to Advertising on Facebook: Strategies That Convert
- PCI Compliance: What It Stands For, How to Achieve It and Avoiding an Audit (Checklist included)
- Ecommerce Trends: 135 Stats Revealing How Modern Customers Shop in 2017
- 15 Google Shopping Campaign Tips to Make More Money While Spending Less
Let’s face it: there are less than 12 weeks until Black Friday and Cyber Monday. If you’re like me, you may be playing a bit of catch up on the production side to get ready for the cooler temperatures, gift giving and the inevitable holiday self-gifting. After all, holiday shoppers will spend 15% of their shopping total on themselves.
With all your offline activities happening around the clock, it’s important to mitigate any potential issues that may arise with your online store. Whether you’re brand new to the holiday selling season or a notorious veteran, there are always emerging apps to help relieve some of your biggest pain points.
Here are some of my favorite ecommerce apps to help keep things moving quickly and efficiently through and beyond the holiday season.
1. Skubana — Free
To help get your holiday orders out the door quick and to your customers on time, try Skubana’s built-in shipping module. Within the same platform, you can print shipping labels, set up dropshipping or route your orders to a 3PL.
2. Inventory Planner — Free Trial + $19.99/month
Inventory Planner helps to monitor, plan and optimize your inventory. The app provides lending advice on overstocked items and uses sales data to forecast items that are understocked. You can also sort items by a number of product variables to better understand what is sitting in your warehouse. Considering 79% of holiday shoppers will switch brands if an item is out of stock, inventory management could not be more important this holiday season.
3. Zendesk — Free Trial + plans starting at $20/year
4. Olark Chat — Free Trial + $243/month
Don’t leave any room for bad customer experience. Try Olark Chat to give your customers an easy way to get all of their questions answered by a brand representative. Olark helps funnel customers into a well-designed backend that makes it easy to see where the customer is browsing on your site. Be sure to clearly display live chat hours in your online store’s header or footer so customers aren’t left hanging.
5. Picreel Exit Offer — plans starting at $19/month
In all, these apps are just the tip of the iceberg in making this holiday season your best yet. By optimizing your operation, you’ll prevent poor customer experiences from snowballing and drive revenue while you sleep.
Visit the Bigcommerce App Marketplace to find more apps to help optimize and streamline your ecommerce operations.
Less Development. More Marketing.
Let us future-proof your backend. You focus on building your brand.