Chapter 10 Glory Cycles: High-end product-level customization for an expert customer
Why they won
Glory Cycles was a finalist for the Innovation Awards.
For high-end customizations catering to an expert audience base.
- Who submitted (and is quoted below): Clive DeSousa, President
- Year founded: 2001
- Headquartered: Greenville, South Carolina
- Ecommerce vertical: Sports & Outdoors
Business outcomes of the innovation
- 47.22% increase in revenue
- 42.12% increase in orders
What they do
We have been selling all things cycling since 2001. We opened as an online retailer and soon became a local bike shop as well.
We love to be a part of the interconnectedness of the web and the information that flows freely and quickly. Our daily tasks in the office line up with our vision, which is to use the web to connect our customers to exactly what they are looking for.
Sometimes that means the bike.
Often we have found that our customers are also looking for the inspiration, the speed, the competition, the camaraderie and the beauty of well-made things; all of which go along with the bike.
The challenge behind the innovation
To stay ahead of our competition and our customer expectations, we need to connect our clients with what is possible when it comes to building a high end road bike.
That means an array of customizations, ever-changing product options, education on new parts and more.
How they make it work
We made this work through BigCommerce, because the platform allows us to display product and build carts including all the items needed to build the bikes.
In other words, on-product-page customizations are simple to implement, as are up-sells and cross-sells throughout the checkout process.
Customers can build their own custom bike, or be pushed to additional, complementary products.
With the product page personalization options and cross-sell and up-sell functionality, we’ve seen improved sales and a huge database of custom-built bikes that help us sell more.
Want more insights like this?
We’re on a mission to provide businesses like yours marketing and sales tips, tricks and industry leading knowledge to build the next house-hold name brand. Don’t miss a post. Sign up for our weekly newsletter.
Most Popular Reads
- The Complete Guide to Advertising on Facebook: Strategies That Convert [in 2018]
- The Results Are In: The 22 Best Ecommerce Website Designs of 2018
- 29 Ecommerce Metrics & KPIs to Measure to Drive 10X Growth in 2018 [Downloadable Key Metrics Included]
- The History of Ecommerce: What The Past Says About Tomorrow’s Retail Challenges
- Ecommerce Shipping: Your Step-by-Step Guide to Shipping Profitability
Table of Contents
Less Development. More Marketing.
Let us future-proof your backend. You focus on building your brand.