Most Popular Reads
- The Definitive Guide to Selling on Amazon
- How to Master Product Photography on a Tight Budget in 2017 (We Did it With Less Than $50)
- 28 Ecommerce Conversion Rate Optimization Steps Guaranteed to Increase Sales in 2017
- Ecommerce Trends: 139 Stats Revealing How Modern Customers Shop in 2017
- Ecommerce Return Policy Template: How to Write a Returns and Refunds Policy to 3X Sales [Examples Below]
Choosing what to sell online is one of the most important decisions you’ll make as an entrepreneur. To be successful, you need to pick products that you’re passionate about and find a ecommerce model that resonates with your personality. With that in mind, we’ve created a new quiz and guide, What Type of Ecommerce Entrepreneur Are You?, to help you get started on the right foot. And because no one embodies passion and personality like the stars of Shark Tank, here’s a teaser into what your favorite Shark Tank star says about your entrepreneurial style.
1. Are you loyal to Lori Greiner, the Queen of QVC?
You’re probably an Inspired Inventor. Developing a new product is the best way to get on Shark Tank and stand out online. If you have a unique solution that everyone else has missed, you’ll be able to define your own niche rather than fighting competitors in a crowded market.
The best Lori quotes for Inspired Inventors
- Just do it: “I had a history for starting something and maybe getting halfway done. Then I’d see the same thing I was doing on the bestseller list! My ideas were right, but I hadn’t done them fast enough.
- Trust your instincts: “I’ve been making products for so long, I have a gut feel for what is right—what will work and what won’t. I can tell instantly if it’s a hero or a zero.”
- A great product is just the beginning: “Great ideas don’t sell themselves.”
2. Does Daymond John inspire you to build an empire?
It’s a safe bet you’re a Bold Brand Builder. Developing a brand is all about establishing a distinct style and cultivating a community. And if you can leverage that passion to improve an existing product, you’ll have a shot at Shark Tank.
The best Daymond quotes for Bold Brand Builders
- Embrace innovation: “I always ask myself basic and timeless questions about business, and the one I seem to always come back to is, ‘How is this different than anything else in the marketplace?’”
- Pace yourself: “Learn what not to do while your business or product is small. Don’t be in such a hurry to grow your brand. Make sure that you and the market can sustain any bumps that may occur down the road.”
- Be ready to invest in your business: “There are absolutely no shortcuts in business.”
3. Do you think Kevin O’Leary really is Mr. Wonderful?
You have what it takes to be a Driven Drop Shipper. Whether you want flexibility or a small fortune, running your own business is a means to an end. And thanks to drop shipping, you can get there with ecommerce.
The best Kevin quotes for Driven Drop Shippers
- Take no prisoners: “Business is war. I go out there, I want to kill the competitors. I want to make their lives miserable. I want to steal their market share. I want them to fear me and I want everyone on my team thinking we’re going to win.”
- Work smarter, not harder: “Here’s how I think of my money—as soldiers—I send them out to war everyday. I want them to take prisoners and come home, so there’s more of them.”
- Be brutally honest: “I have met many entrepreneurs who have the passion and even the work ethic to succeed—but who are so obsessed with an idea that they don’t see its obvious flaws. Think about that. If you can’t even acknowledge your failures, how can you cut the rope and move on?”
Curious about the other three Sharks? Want more insights on Inspired Inventors, Bold Brand Builders and Driven Drop Shippers? Download our free entrepreneur quiz and guide!
Less Development. More Marketing.
Let us future-proof your backend. You focus on building your brand.