Most Popular Reads
- 28 Ecommerce Conversion Rate Optimization Steps Guaranteed to Increase Sales in 2017
- The Definitive Guide to Selling on Amazon
- 78 Best Ecommerce Website Design Examples & Award Winners
- 15 Google Shopping Campaign Tips to Make More Money While Spending Less
- 55 Ecommerce Metrics & KPIs You Need to Measure to Drive 10X Growth in 2017 [Downloadable Tracker Included]
The commerce industry is constantly changing. In 2015 alone, Jet.com came on the scene –– a direct and well-funded competitor to Amazon. Amazon, on the other hand, launched two new initiatives –– LaunchPad and Handmade. And then, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest all announced partnerships with ecommerce solutions like Bigcommerce –– aimed at rapidly bringing true social commerce to consumers. And these were just a few of the more potentially disruptive moves made this year.
As retailers and ecommerce experts, we know that these industry innovations will soon just be business as usual, as the differentiators between what we all know as “commerce” and “omnichannel” quickly dissipate. In other words, selling in all channels –– i.e. executing on an omnichannel strategy –– will no longer be a strategy, it will simply be how you run a successful business.
Over here at BigCommerce, we believe the fruition of this will begin to take hold in 2016. This is why we are working to rapidly and intelligently open up our backend capabilities to all major players and innovative teams within the commerce space. But, to do this effectively, we need your help.
We need online sellers willing to test new products. We need online sellers willing to be early adopters. We need online sellers willing to look to the future, and be part of how its functionality is ultimately determined.
We recognize, too, that succeeding and staying ahead of the curve isn’t all about being on the bleeding edge. It’s also imperative to get better and better at business as usual; things like order processing, shipping and fulfillment, and launching promotions and discounts, always benefit from further innovation and improvement. These are core features to our platform that we are seeking to ever-improve to ensure your business hums.
In all, we need online sellers willing to be our beta testers. If interested –– if innovation and the future of commerce piques your interest in any way, shape or form –– then here is what you need to know about the program.
We are looking for Bigcommerce beta testers who will:
- Become an official tester and work directly with our expert product team, many of whom have experience working on products produced by Google, Facebook, Amazon, Paypal and more.
- Test new functionality before anyone else gets access to it, giving their business the upper-hand in new and innovative tools and tactics which will be rolled out throughout 2016 and 2017.
- Provide influential, detailed feedback that will shape current and future products. What you say will not only be taken into account, but will be a priority deciding factor in product functionality and readiness for the Bigcommerce merchant pool as a whole.
- Register interest in beta programs that matter to their business. In other words, we won’t force you to test everything. We know you’re already busy. Instead, we’re looking for online sellers who know which business annoyances they want to solve for most, and will sign up to help us create the most ideal solution on the market in categories including shipping, analytics, social commerce and more.
If you’re interested, but not yet sure if a beta program may be for you, know this: we’ve already been working with hundreds of Bigcommerce customers to do just this. Our integration with Square is one such example.
“The Square inventory integration I got to beta test was a lifesaver. We needed this functionality badly, so it was great to get early access,” said Steven Rhodes, managing member at BDG Custom Creations. “Working with your team was really smooth and your support team was really responsive to any issues encountered in the beta. The tools you picked to manage the beta and communicate with us as testers were also really intuitive and user friendly.”
Register interest in Bigcommerce beta programs around the following areas of our product:
- Storefront & Themes
- Product Management
- Inventory Management
- Marketing & Conversion
- Analytics & Reporting
- Checkout & Payments
- •Shipping Solutions
- POS & Offline Selling
- Social Media & Commerce
- Marketplace Selling
- B2B Features
If any of these address a particular business need or current issue for your store, we want to hear from you. To give you a bit more insight into programs already in flight, we have several new exciting betas in the pipeline for Q1, including:
- A completely new storefront and theme platform that will deliver the best themes and theme development environment on the market today
- Improved check-out functionality powered by the latest advances in conversion
- Commerce integrations with top social networks –– Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter –– to sell directly to billions of users
You can sign up for the Bigcommerce beta program here. This program is only open to Bigcommerce customers.
Less Development. More Marketing.
Let us future-proof your backend. You focus on building your brand.