BigCommerce, named a Best Place to Work in 2016, is looking for an Account Executive to join our growing sales team. In this role, you will drive sales revenue by acquiring new high value, enterprise clients by showing them the power of the BigCommerce platform to help them sell more!
What you will do:
- Drive sales revenue through new client acquisition for $1M+ accounts
- Actively manage the sales process, including positioning, presentation/demonstration of product, and closing sales.
- Act as owner and subject matter expert for one or more categories/verticals
- Build and manage a book of business through outbound prospecting as well as inbound leads.
- Identify each client’s unique needs and cultivate effective sales strategies and proposals.
- Coordinate team resources for software implementation.
- Be the expert - Provide eCommerce industry information to clients regarding web design, online marketing (SEO, PPC, Email Marketing, Google Analytics), ecommerce strategies, etc.
- Kill your sales targets and performance metrics.
- Be organized - maintain a CRM with leads and effectively manage an account set, keep detailed and accurate notes of all sales related activities.
- Think like a CEO - communicate with management team and team members to increase client satisfaction and conversion and drive overall sales improvements.
- Engage closely with the BigCommerce Partner Ecosystem and Sales Engineering team to design solutions and close sales both over the phone and on-site, depending on client size and need.
Who you are:
- 3-5 years of technology sales experience in a high volume, fast-paced environment with a focus consultative solutions selling for a SaaS or ecommerce company.
- Talented Seller - You have a demonstrated ability to drive complex sales with all stakeholders, including executive management and technical teams, and have successfully, consistently achieved quotas and objectives within an outbound, client acquisition driven business.
- Master Influencer - Excellent written/verbal communication and customer relationship skills are critical.
- Techie - Strong Internet, email, and electronic document management skills are a must. A basic understanding of HTML, CSS and internet technologies (shopping carts, web hosting, email and online marketing tools) a big plus.
- Ecommerce Geek - Technical understanding of software and the ecommerce space combined with strong business and sales acumen.
- Ethical - You are customer focused and do the right things the right way every time.
- Attentive - You are able to manage sensitive client information and numerous details with ease.
- Driven - You are a results-orientated closer with a positive outlook and a clear focus on quality and business performance.
- Analytical - You are able to provide consistent, accurate sales forecasts.
- Solution Oriented - You have the ability to identify and creatively solve complex problems to keep a sale on track.
- Confident - You’ve mastered the art of the cold open, have developed skills for overcoming objections, and have a healthy approach to handling rejection.