BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin in 2017 is looking for a bright, driven and experienced Affiliate Partnership Manager. Reporting to the Director, Digital Marketing, this individual will be responsible for validating all affiliate sales and leads, creating performance reports, requesting new creative, sending monthly newsletter communications, meeting/exceeding KPI’s and ensuring that affiliate best practices are in place.
What you’ll do
- Aggressively recruit high-value affiliates through research, referrals, networking and other avenues.
- Increase affiliate revenue by building authentic relationships and optimizing performance.
- Drive and promote new affiliate creative, assets, content and promotions to help our affiliate network succeed with traffic and conversion rate goals.
- Negotiate and finalize deals in accordance with company’s contract guidelines and policies.
- Create affiliate partnerships and network with influencers to build a strong partner network with custom compensation structure based on partner type and value provided.
Manage the program
- Define and execute affiliate strategy and work with product and creative teams to execute messaging and creative.
- Manage all processes leading up to finalizing partnerships (i.e. leads, prospecting, making first contact, meetings, contracting, integration and follow up).
- Develop and grow large volume affiliate partners, while scaling outreach, with a primary focus on quality before quantity.
- Create and distribute frequent affiliate newsletters and 1:1 emails keeping partners abreast of the latest product updates, incentive programs, creative launches and program changes.
- Serve as primary liaison between affiliate partners and shareholders, communicating effectively with all parties.
- Attend and represent BigCommerce at industry conferences and networking events.
Deliver operational excellence
- Evaluate applications and monitor transactions to mitigate the risk of fraudulent commissions.
- Daily management of affiliate program including recruitment, negotiations, evaluation, optimization, reporting and fraud monitoring/prevention.
- Daily monitoring of SEM and media activity to identify potential program violations and take actions to correct.
- Collaborate with various internal partners (i.e. marketing and tech teams) to manage the integration of affiliate tools.
- Proactively review, identify and remove/void any fraud transactions while reversing compensation prior to locking date.
- Work closely with and communicate frequently with finance and analytics teams on approved/denied transactions to ensure accurate and timely reporting across organization.
Who you are
- 5+ years relevant work experience within digital marketing industry
- BA/BS in Marketing, Business, or a related field from an accredited college or university
- Proven track record of successfully building and managing an affiliate program
- Multiple year experience in ecommerce, digital advertising and knowledgeable in SaaS
- Experience with fraud prevention, management and reporting
- Customer Focused - You have a passion for eCommerce software solutions, the web, web-based software products, our partners, service, and satisfaction.
- Analytical - Superior analytical skills and well versed in the use of data, content, and technology to influence consumer behavior - Excellent Excel skills are crucial (pivot tables, vlookup, and formulas should excite you).
- Data Driven Decision Maker - You are an organized, data-driven and detail and goal oriented believer in building great systems and process, have strong business acumen, prioritize effectively, consistently make good decisions, and creatively solve complex problems.
- Driven - Extremely proactive and results-oriented, looking to make improvements and drive change in a fast-paced environment while being under tight deadlines.
- Strategic - You thrive on challenges, are agile, possess a great deal of perspective and have a clear vision, tolerance for risk, and ability to navigate ambiguous situations.
- Agile - You can easily prioritize multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, have a sense of urgency, and are capable of thoughtful yet rapid adaptation in response to changes in internal and external conditions. You’re able to seamlessly balance strategic initiatives and “Keeping the Lights On” (KTLO) activities.
- Master Communicator - Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to flex your style to relate sophisticated concepts to an entry level employee or C-suite executive as needed.
- Personable - You are a high energy professional with a resiliently positive attitude and deep personal confidence that exudes a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Courageous and Ethical - You possess professional courage, steadfastly persevere through challenges, are ambitious while humble, have high standards for ethics and integrity, and do the right things the right way.
BigCommerce is a robust, flexible commerce platform that provides established and emerging brands with everything they need to launch, promote, manage and scale a successful online store.BigCommerce merchants earn more than retailers on competitive commerce solutions thanks to advanced features, better site performance and streamlined business processes. Founded in 2009, the company has received more than $100 million in funding from SoftBank Capital, American Express, Telstra Ventures, General Catalyst, Revolution Growth and FLOODGATE. BigCommerce supports thousands of retailers around the world from its offices in San Francisco, Austin and Sydney.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Open vacation policy for salaried team members and generous accrual vacation policy for hourly team members, + paid sick time
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Three especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven teambuilding activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, river floats, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events