BigCommerce, named a 2018 "Best Place to Work" in Austin is looking for a seasoned analyst relations manager to join its world-class marketing organization. As Analyst Relations Manager, you will be responsible for providing strategic direction and day-to-day management of BigCommerce’s analyst relations program, serving as the primary contact for industry analysts and working cross-functionality with internal stakeholders to ensure analyst commentary and insights are well understood and used across the organization. In this role, you will work across and beyond marketing to maximize analyst awareness of BigCommerce’s strategy, platform, and service offering.
What You’ll Do:
Develop and grow the BigCommerce analyst relations program
- Educate and maintain ongoing dialog with key industry analysts on BigCommerce’s strategy, platform, and service offerings
- Serve as the internal expert on analyst research, insights and commentary to inform product decisions, positioning and go to market initiatives
- Collaborate with Product, Marketing, Sales and Communications and Business Unit leadership to secure positive placement and positioning in analyst reports
- Evangelize the value of AR internally with all departments and foster ongoing dialog about how analyst programs can positively impact business objectives.
Maximize analyst engagements
- Develop compelling content, establish and build rapport with key industry analysts, and serve as the day-to-day point of contact for the analyst / influencer community
- Drive inquiry / briefing schedule to ensure analyst feedback is captured and represented in strategic planning and roadmaps
- Plan, execute, report on, and optimize analyst relations programs, including monthly and quarterly program updates and AR roadmaps
- Prepare materials and prep company spokespeople for strategy sessions and briefings
Who You Are:
- Experienced Analyst Relations Professional - 5+ years related work experience in an analyst relations role (agency or in-house). Tech and/or B2B software experience is beneficial but not required. Four-year degree or equivalent work experience is required - BA/BS in Advertising, Marketing or Media is preferred
- Action Oriented - You have a passion for getting things done, carry out responsibilities with minimal direction, enjoy working hard and get out of bed looking to tackle new challenges and opportunities.
- Detail-Oriented Planner - You pay attention to even the smallest details, know how to accurately scope out the length and difficulty of tasks and projects, anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks, and understand how to manage complex projects against aggressive timelines.
- Effective Prioritizer - You can marshal the resources you need to get things done, simultaneously manage multiple priorities and/or projects, and deliver key milestones on time. You value time and use it effectively and efficiently, quickly zeroing in on the critically important items, putting the trivial aside, and sensing what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal.
- CollaborativeInfluencer - You have demonstrated success working cross-functionally with internal stakeholders and third party vendors and are able to skillfully negotiate wins while maintaining strong relationships.
- Travel Flexible - Ability to travel domestically or internationally as needed. This job may require upwards of 20% travel to meet with clients, vendors or partners, which may require overnight stays or week long stays at locations (depending on project).