BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2019 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for an Associate Sales Engineer. Reporting to the Director, Sales Engineering & Solutions Architecture, you’ll leverage your technical and BigCommerce knowledge to help win active sales opportunities. The ASE works closely with our Small Business Account Executives throughout the sales process, assisting with product demonstrations, recommending solutions, and providing industry and product expertise to our smaller, less sophisticated prospects. In addition, the ASE acts as a technical resource to the broader sales team and supports the SE team on the quarterly initiatives.
What You’ll Do:
- Educate prospects in the SMB space on BigCommerce solution by providing a consultative, best practices approach including analysis and analytics to match prospect’s business and technical requirements
- Conduct needs analysis and technical scoping sessions with prospective customers to gather and document key requirements
- Become fluent in competitive positioning and be effective in differentiating BigCommerce
- Provide pre-sales technical consulting to Sales staff by participating in online demonstrations, conference calls with our Account Executives
- Document all customer questions to ensure immediate follow-up on all outstanding issues
- Work closely with the Account Executives and Sales Engineers to respond to proposals and RFP’s to ensure that all technical information and recommendations address client’s requirements
- Contribute to the SE team with RFP responses, Proof-of-concept builds and app/technology research
- Collaborate with Sales Enablement, Product and Client Services teams to advocate for solutions that will help us improve overall win rates
- Own and lead the VoP (Voice of the prospect) effort for the Small Business team
- Shadow SE demos and solution presentations to learn and develop strong Sales Engineering skills
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, for usually 1-2 days per visit to support prospects, partners and industry events.
Who You Are:
- 2+ years of Sales, Sales Engineering, or Services experience in a relevant market strongly preferred
- BA/BS in technology or equivalent experience required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a requirement
- Experience with commerce solutions and applications including POS, product catalogs, order management, ERP and payment gateways a plus
- Sales methodology and Solution selling training a plus
- Characteristics and Abilities
- Driven - You are energetic, self-starting, and have a sense of urgency and passion for winning
- Personable - You maintain a positive attitude, build others up, and relate well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization
- Effective Prioritizer - You effectively manage your workload and prioritize activities
- Problem Solver - You’re adept at using critical thinking to assess and solution for prospects with low to moderate levels of sophistication and complexity
- Thoughtful - You anticipate where potential issues are and plan your approach accordingly
- Collaborative - You collaborate readily and easily and are able to motivate multiple groups toward accomplishing a task
- Master Communicator - You possess strong verbal, presentation, written, listening, and organizational skills
- Credible - You possess relevant business and industry knowledge, project mature self-confidence, and can hold your own with members of an executive team
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that. Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.