BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2017/2018/2019 Best Place to Work in Austin, is looking for a talented Videographer to join our team in our Austin Four Points Office. You will play a vital role in the creation, production, and development of video content that furthers BigCommerce’s brand, communication, and marketing strategies. You should be capable of owning a concept end to end and fulfilling different roles on the same project. You will collaborate with stakeholders, ideate, direct, shoot and edit high-quality, customer-facing content in support of our merchant and partner engagement goals. Reporting into the Creative team, you collaborate with multiple teams at BigCommerce, however, the relationship between you, Marketing and Design will be critical to the success of this role. You will be trusted to deliver compelling video content that aligns to our creative vision and guidelines while still meeting conversion and optimization best-practices. You feel passionate that video production is a craft and a critical part of the overall messaging strategy. You have a talent for production and are focused on the mechanics of shooting and creating stunning content.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with the design team on conceptual ideas in brainstorming sessions and taking leads on various video initiatives
- Partner directly with various stakeholders, including marketing, to deliver on-brand, high-quality content, and assets for a variety of channels and mediums including social ads, case studies, e-commerce channels, partner channels, marketing acquisition videos, learning & development, community, and development education, human resources, product education, etc.
- Meet stakeholder deadlines in a high-volume studio environment
- Shoot and edit videos (as needed) for marketing and social channels, working with the creative team on storyboards and scripts, while demonstrating expertise in audio and lighting
- Assist with product styling as needed
- Maintain the proper care of video, photography, and lighting equipment in the studio
- Collaborate with numerous teams to brainstorm and storyboard quick turn concepts and manage timelines and expectations.
- Able to jump in and help with production and organization when planning shoots
- Staying on top of video trends to make sure we’re on the cutting edge of visual storytelling
- Meet with teams to review shot lists and timelines
- Shooting stills, stop motion, GIFs, Boomerangs. Strong stylistic POV, providing creative guidance to bring ideas to life
Who You Are
- 1-2 years of professional experience filming in a variety of environments, for various audiences.
- Understand the principles and process for shooting and editing video a must, familiarity and willingness to learn more about motion graphics and photography a major plus!
- Familiarity with a range of video equipment (Canon C100 MK2, DSLR cameras, studio, and environmental lighting, sound production, etc.) as well as experience with Adobe Creative Suite, editing and social applications, etc.
- Ability to collaborate with a team of editors, motion designers, producers, and art/film directors
- A systems thinker. You quickly embrace and align to guidelines, understanding their application across channels for the entire customer lifecycle.
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily, especially while juggling a few projects at once.
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to tweak and optimize the process.
- Enthusiastic. You're a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome.
- Pragmatic. You appreciate the latest design trends but can easily filter out what is and isn’t useful to the task at hand.
- A utility player. You're willing to help out wherever needed.
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.