BigCommerce is looking for a technically savvy, process-oriented, data-driven Content Marketing Manager whose focus is on growth. In this role you’ll have the opportunity to positively influence the trajectory of a billion dollar company in a trillion dollar industry by working directly on the BigCommerce blog, as well as adjacent channels.
You must have a proven track record of consistently exceeding goals increasing site traffic, lead generation, and brand authority through content in all its forms and at every stage of the customer journey. This role will allow you to work across the entire business, including Marketing (SEM, SEO, Content, Email, etc.), Sales, Product, and our Executive Leadership.
- Be able to build content that moves people and builds brands.
- Have roots in content and product marketing, positioning, and strategic storytelling.
- Dig funnels, lead gen, and infinite content loops providing value upon value.
- Have a proven track record of creating compelling marketing with the help of data and prose.
- Be obsessed with the art and science of SEO, growth, psychology and storytelling.
What you'll do
Content Production + Funnel Formation
- Project manage the creation of compelling content assets from ideation through completion, including working closely with PR, SEM, Partners, SMEs, Sales, SEO, Product, Product Marketing, Email Marketing and industry influencers.
- Create, write, edit, and manage the production high-quality, industry-unique digital and print content
- Manage and coordinate pre-recorded and live-stream webinars
- Manage in-house and outsourced content creators, editors, graphic designers, and videographers
- Identify successful content and map out new ways to repurpose (i.e. a blog post into a YouTube video) to amplify message, visibility and lead generation
- Establish authority (on social, with influencers, etc.) through the distribution and sharing of valuable content produced internally and externally
- Build a stable of ecommerce experts — both external influencers and internal talent — to create compelling content that is highly distributed
- Be comfortable on video and able to convey educational concepts both in written and verbally.
- Position yourself as an industry influencer and thought leader, speaking on behalf of BigCommerce’s beliefs, insights, future-casting and customer needs.
Grow Grow Grow
- Identify and execute growth opportunities.
- Work hand-in-hand with our SEO team on utilizing the science of SEO to inform content creation to start driving organic traffic immediately on new posts.
- Strategize cross-functionally both internally and externally with marketing, sales, design, product, partners, customers, influencer and experts for maximum content impact.
- Think BIG across all content ideas and initiatives –– always keeping customer advocacy in mind.
- Evaluate and implement marketing partnerships providing value to both companies
- Drive strategic partner content placement program
Who you are
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, English, Journalism, or similar field.
- 5+ years of highly successful online marketing experience in either software including B2B and SaaS, or at an ecommerce brand.
- Technically Experienced
- Content Production (WordPress)
- SEO (Ahrefs, MarketMuse)
- Analytics (eg. Google Analytics)
- CRM (eg. Salesforce, Marketo)
- HTML knowledge preferred
- Strategist - You understand how different marketing messages and channels affect people in different buyer segments and different parts of the customer journey from acquisition to retention.
- Customer Focused - You want to deliver the best experience possible for future and current customers, as helping our customers’ businesses grow is the #1 goal at BigCommerce.
- Problem Solver - You can see hidden problems and probe a variety of sources for answers, are able to look beyond the obvious, and can identify and creatively solve complex problems.
- Psychology - Interest in human psychology and how different psychological triggers work together.
- Communicator - Excellent written/verbal communication and customer relationship skills are critical both working with people internally and externally.
- Collaborative - You have demonstrated success working cross-functionally in larger organizations, and have the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners.
- Composed - You know how to execute consistently in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out self-directed responsibilities.
- Personable - You are seen as positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Eager Learner - You pick up on things quickly, enjoy learning new skills and knowledge, and are adept at staying ahead of the curve on relevant industry, company, product, or technical knowledge.
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it.
What makes our world class blog stand out
- Well-researched, highly actionable content. We write blog posts that add value and make it worth our readers’ time. Most of our posts are long –– very long. We’ve even publish them as books. The way we see it: there’s way too much mediocrity in the world, there is absolutely no need for yet another mediocre blog. Every single blog post we put out there aims to be the best in the world content on whatever topic it’s on.
- Growth tips from ecommerce industry (not the folks marketing to them). There’s a lot of noise out there, no one needs more of it. Our readers have business challenges and they need answers. When we write on a topic, the goal is to make it so good readers don’t need to read much else on the subject. The writing covers a lot of research, interesting points made by smart people and clear steps on what to do next. In particular, we make to work with ecommerce businesses to offer growth advice to ecommerce brands –– not just tech folks looking to marketing their ideas.
- Honesty, always. We write for smart people. No cheesy stuff, no “Make a $1,000,000 overnight” or “How to get launch a BIG business this week” type of posts. That kind of content is written to trick customers into a story that 99.9999% of the time will not be what happens to them. There’s little actionable advice for the general public at large. Instead, we are honest about how hard building a business is. And we’re serious about the right strategies to do it.
BigCommerce is a robust, flexible commerce platform that provides established and emerging brands with everything they need to launch, promote, manage and scale a successful online store.BigCommerce merchants earn more than retailers on competitive commerce solutions thanks to advanced features, better site performance and streamlined business processes. Founded in 2009, the company has received more than $100 million in funding from SoftBank Capital, American Express, Telstra Ventures, General Catalyst, Revolution Growth and FLOODGATE. BigCommerce supports thousands of retailers around the world from its offices in San Francisco, Austin and Sydney.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Open vacation policy for salaried team members and generous accrual vacation policy for hourly team members, + paid sick time
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Three especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven teambuilding activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, river floats, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events