BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce is looking for a technically savvy, process-oriented, data-driven marketer whose focus is on growth by working directly on customer acquisition through content strategy, prioritization and creation.
You must have a proven track record of consistently exceeding goals, lead generation and brand authority through content in all its forms and at every stage of the enterprise journey. This role will allow you to work across the entire business, including Marketing (SEM, SEO, Content, Email, etc.), Sales, Product, and our Executive Leadership team.
The Content Marketing Specialist will be responsible for developing the content strategy for BigCommerce to support the entire funnel, from acquisition through to sales. They will both write content and source and manage external content resources. This person should be a skilled Marketing professional, with a strong communications background.
- Be able to build long-form (2,500+ words) content that moves people and builds brands.
- Have roots in content and product marketing, positioning, and strategic storytelling.
- Dig funnels, lead generation, and infinite content loops providing value upon value.
- Have a proven track record of creating compelling marketing with the help of data and prose.
- Be obsessed with the art and science of growth, psychology and storytelling.
- Have 2+ years experience creating credible, professional, value-add content that builds brands and compels action.
- Have experience with ecommerce software and/or enterprise software.
- Understand how content should support the buyer’s journey.
- Know content requirements and best practices for publishing on key content platforms reaching enterprise buyers, such as social channels (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram), YouTube, and email.
- Be comfortable working with Jira, Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Drive, and demonstrated experience with key tools for content creation, workflow management, content management, as well as publishing platforms.
What You’ll Do
Content Strategy and Production
- In partnership with the campaigns and content marketing teams, build and execute on the content strategy by identifying new, compelling content that will generate and advance leads through the sales funnel.
- Identify the best content format (eg white paper, research note, infographic, ebook, blog post, webinar, podcast, calculator, checklists, quizzes, video, slides, podcast, comparison chart, etc.) based on objectives, distribution channel, and past performance data.
- Manage a content production calendar. Assign and keep track of all tasks, workflows, and deadlines.
- Create, write, edit, and manage the production of the content, or source experts, including external influencers and internal talent.
- Work with in-house design and video teams, and source/procure external production resources as required.
- Project manage the creation of compelling content assets from ideation through completion. Partner with the campaign manager to develop timelines aligned to campaign launch plans, and implement efficient methodologies to speed the time to market while also delivering market-leading quality.
- Manage and coordinate pre-recorded and live-stream webinars.
- Ensure all content is consistent with the brand voice and style and optimized for search and user experience.
- Manage the content production budget, and make budget recommendations based on projected impact to marketing KPIs.
- Keep content up to date to ensure accuracy and relevancy. Maintain a content library, regularly review and update or retire content, and serve as the internal point-of-content for any content requests.
- Identify content performance KPIs and, working with the campaign manager, track the performance of content. Identify successful content and map out new ways to repurpose (i.e. a blog post into a YouTube video) to amplify message, visibility and lead generation. Continue to refine the content strategy based on performance metrics.
- Position yourself as an industry influencer and thought leader, speaking on behalf of BigCommerce’s beliefs, insights, future-casting and customer needs.
Grow Grow Grow
- Identify and execute on growth opportunities.
- Strategize cross-functionally both internally and externally with marketing, sales, design, product, partners, customers, influencer and experts for maximum content impact.
- Think BIG across all content ideas and initiatives –– always keeping the needs of enterprise prospects in mind.
Who You Are
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, English, Journalism, or similar field.
- 2+ years of highly successful online marketing experience in either software including B2B and SaaS, or at an ecommerce brand or agency.
- Proven track record of effective long-form, researched content (2,500+ words)
- Technically Experienced
- Content Production (WordPress)
- SEO (Ahrefs, MarketMuse)
- Analytics (eg. Google Analytics)
- HTML knowledge preferred
- Strategist - You understand how different marketing messages and channels affect business people in different buyer segments and different parts of the customer journey from acquisition to retention.
- Customer Focused - You want to deliver the best experience possible for future and current partners, as helping our partners’ businesses grow is the #1 goal at BigCommerce.
- Problem Solver - You can see hidden problems and probe a variety of sources for answers, are able to look beyond the obvious, and can identify and creatively solve complex problems.
- Psychology - Interest in human psychology and how different psychological triggers work together.
- Communicator - Excellent written/verbal communication and customer relationship skills are critical both working with people internally and externally.
- Collaborative - You have demonstrated success working cross-functionally in larger organizations, and have the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners.
- Composed - You know how to execute consistently in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out self-directed responsibilities.
- Personable - You are seen as positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Eager Learner - You pick up on things quickly, enjoy learning new skills and knowledge, and are adept at staying ahead of the curve on relevant industry, company, product, or technical knowledge.
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it.
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.