BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in San Francisco in 2017, is looking to hire its first-ever Corporate Development Manager. As a key member of the team reporting directly to our Chief Development Officer, you will be responsible for helping to define, shape, and execute the company’s agenda for mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, investments, and other major key strategic initiatives. If you’ve spent the last several years working in investment banking, VC or private equity, or within the corp dev groups of other successful tech companies and are eager for to take the next step in your career, then this role is for you.
What you'll do
Drive key corporate development initiatives
- Think big! Analyze key areas of the company’s value chain, looking for opportunities for breakout strategies and developing the business cases to support each.
- Develop and maintain relationships with entrepreneurs, bankers and investors to ensure that BigCommerce is aware and invited to the table when opportunities arise
- Identify and evaluate targets for non-organic growth thru acquisitions.
- Conduct due diligence, develop term sheets, negotiate with and execute on selected acquisitions.
- Produce complex, high quality models and presentations for our executive leadership to support strategic and financial decision-making and negotiations.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders on the execution of strategic priorities related to partnerships and M&A.
Deliver insights to inform strategy
- Review and deliver feedback on various internal and external business proposals and contracts.
- Partner with other internal groups - including Marketing, Sales, Product/Engineering and Finance - to conduct research, analyze trends, and make recommendations to the leadership team on which partners and features to pursue.
- Effectively communicate findings via reports and presentations to inform strategies and drive revenue growth.
Who you are
- 5+ years related professional experience, with exceptional experience in investment banking, venture capital, private equity, and/or corporate development and strategy
- Bachelor’s degree (pre-MBA), ideally in business or similar field
- Passion for and experience within software/SaaS, ecommerce, and technology
- Strategic - You possess a high level of business and financial acumen, equipping you to deeply understand, inform, and execute strategic plans.
- Analytical - You are an organized and data-driven, with superior analytical skills (statistical analysis and Excel formulas should excite - not haunt - you).
- Results Oriented - Your have strong attention to detail, organizational abilities, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and passion for getting things done right and on time.
- Agile - You can easily prioritize multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, have a sense of urgency, and are capable of thoughtful yet rapid adaptation in response to changes in internal and external conditions. You’re able to seamlessly balance strategic initiatives and “Keeping the Lights On” (KTLO) activities.
- Master Communicator - Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to flex your style to relate sophisticated concepts to an entry level employee or C-suite executive as needed.
- Collaborative - You have demonstrated success working cross-functionally in matrixed organizations and have the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners.
- Personable - You are positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Comfortable using technology - Strong Internet, email, and electronic document management skills. Knowledge of Salesforce a plus.
- Courageous and Ethical - You possess professional courage, steadfastly persevere through challenges, are ambitious while humble, have high standards for ethics and integrity, and do the right things the right way.
- Travel Flexible - Ability to travel domestically or internationally as needed. This job may require a healthy level of domestic travel and even the occasional trip overseas.
BigCommerce is a robust, flexible commerce platform that provides established and emerging brands with everything they need to launch, promote, manage and scale a successful online store.BigCommerce merchants earn more than retailers on competitive commerce solutions thanks to advanced features, better site performance and streamlined business processes. Founded in 2009, the company has received more than $100 million in funding from SoftBank Capital, American Express, Telstra Ventures, General Catalyst, Revolution Growth and FLOODGATE. BigCommerce supports thousands of retailers around the world from its offices in San Francisco, Austin and Sydney.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Open vacation policy for salaried team members and generous accrual vacation policy for hourly team members, + paid sick time
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Four especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven teambuilding activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, river floats, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events