BigCommerce, named a “Best Place to Work” in Austin in 2017 is looking for a revenue-driven Director, Enterprise Acquisition Marketing to help us drive net new revenue and customer growth!
The Director, will focus on leading mid-market and enterprise demand generation marketing strategies, developing and executing B2B campaigns, and leading large, cross-functional groups to deliver results. This person is data-driven with strong experience refining programs to continually improve KPI’s. You’ve worked across a variety of acquisition channels including digital, email, events, and partner creating cohesive campaigns that drive outstanding merchant experiences. You will be partnering closely with our sales teams, making sure marketing always delivers the highest quality leads possible, shortening time-to-close, making sales efforts more effective, and driving revenue pipeline. You have a strong “Big Picture” mentality, but you're not afraid to get your hands dirty and focus on execution.
As a leader, you inspire teams to go above and beyond in order to achieve business goals. “Daily Domination” is in your DNA, and you bring that fire and excitement to your team and the work you do together.
What you'll do
- Drive BigCommerce’s acquisition strategy in the mid-market to increase high-quality leads that convert into revenue.
- Develop and execute multi-channel, integrated campaigns that leverage digital, email, events, partner and sales channels.
- Partner with Sales to increase velocity of the sales funnel and revenue pipeline. You’ll be responsible for the end-to-end lead process: list acquisition, scoring, campaign management, prioritization and nurture.
- Identify, quantify, prioritize, and execute opportunities to test new and emerging channels.
- Analyze campaign and channel performance to drive continued process improvements.
- Manage the integrated acquisition plan and forecast across all channels. Develop budgets and forecasts and manage to them.
- Lead, inspire, manage, and mentor direct reports and broader marketing team to maximize their individual potential and professional growth, as well as ability to function effectively as a team.
- Lead the day-to-day operations of the team to ensure effectiveness, efficiency, and scalability.
- Build a culture of accountability and successfully crossing the finish line.
- Cultivate an environment of teamwork, openness, creativity, and continuous improvement. You and your team must be forward thinking and always testing new opportunities.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with key internal partners, including Sales, Partner, Finance/Analytics, Product, as well as other members of the Marketing team.
- Work effectively with external business partners to identify potential joint marketing opportunities.
- Manage agency and other outside consultants and vendors to efficiently scale our growth and internal execution.
Who you are
- Experienced B2B SaaS Marketing Leader
- Proven track record of driving revenue growth and working hand-in-hand with sales.
- 10+ years of marketing experience in B2B SaaS, across a variety of channels and running cross-functional campaigns to acquire mid-market and enterprise customers.
- 4+ years experience working with inside sales organizations, including experience with Salesforce, marketing automation platforms (Marketo preferred), and marketing databases.
- Established understanding of the ecommerce space.
- Experience running multi-channel strategies and leveraging data to improve performance.
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Business, Math, Accounting, Finance, or similar field.
- Data-Driven - A hands-on consumer of data and analytics -- you can dig into campaign results and see opportunity where others may not.
- Technical Marketer - A technical marketer, with a strong understanding of marketing technology and how it supports marketing efforts especially around marketing automation (Marketo) and CRMs (Salesforce). You pick up on technical things quickly, enjoy learning new skills and knowledge, and are adept at staying ahead of the curve on relevant industry, company, product, or technical knowledge.
- Leader - You are a proven leader with 5+ years people management experience and a strong desire and understanding of how to develop people in a supportive, accountable environment and inspire them to give 100% effort and perform at levels higher than they imagined they could achieve.
- Driven Achiever - A believer in creating strong processes for both campaign development and sales, but you aren’t afraid to get creative to exceed goals and drive results. You possess strong analytical and quantitative analysis skills, have a passion for data driven decision making, thrive on challenges, and have a proven history of successfully, consistently leading teams to achieve targets and objectives, within a complex client acquisition driven business, preferably in the mid-market or enterprise space.
- Strategist - You have perspective and can see and discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future, recognize what can/should be done now to affect future performance, and see and understand the challenges between the current and the ideal situation. Someone with the ability to distill complex and difficult information and make it easy to understand.
- Customer Focused - You have a passion for service and satisfaction, are dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers, gets first-hand information and use it for improvements in products and services, act with customers in mind, and establish and maintain effective relationships with customers, gaining their trust and respect.
- Problem Solver - You can see hidden problems and probe a variety of sources for answers, are excellent at analysis, able to look beyond the obvious, and can identify and creatively solve complex problems, including matters related to systems and processes.
- Systems Thinker - You are dedicated to providing high quality services, committed to continuous improvement through empowerment and management by data, willing and able to re-engineer processes from scratch, open to suggestions and experimentation, and efficient and effective work processes.
- Process and Project Manager - You can readily design practices, processes, and procedures, know what to measure and how to measure it, can organize people and activities, and are good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done. Lean/Agile experience and JIRA is a plus.
- Master Communicator - Excellent written/verbal communication and customer relationship skills are critical.
- Collaborative - You have demonstrated success working cross-functionally in matrixed organizations and have the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners such across Marketing, Product, Engineering, and Sales.
- Composed - You know how to remain collected in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out responsibilities with minimal direction.
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it.
BigCommerce is a robust, flexible commerce platform that provides established and emerging brands with everything they need to launch, promote, manage and scale a successful online store.BigCommerce merchants earn more than retailers on competitive commerce solutions thanks to advanced features, better site performance and streamlined business processes. Founded in 2009, the company has received more than $100 million in funding from SoftBank Capital, American Express, Telstra Ventures, General Catalyst, Revolution Growth and FLOODGATE. BigCommerce supports thousands of retailers around the world from its offices in San Francisco, Austin and Sydney.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Open vacation policy for salaried team members and generous accrual vacation policy for hourly team members, + paid sick time
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Four especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven teambuilding activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, river floats, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events