BigCommerce, named "Best Place to Work" in Austin, TX in 2018is looking for a world-class Sales Development leader to oversee teams of Inbound and Outbound Sales and Market Development Representatives in the achievement of objectives, ultimately increasing conversion, and enabling exponential revenue growth. The ideal candidate has a strong track record of experience and success in building and leading sales development teams, and someone who has a passion for revolutionizing commerce.
Reporting to the VP, Enterprise Solutions, you’ll leverage your significant sales management and leadership development expertise to help define and drive our leadership development strategy and process. We're looking for an individual with strong leadership attributes, domain expertise in SaaS sales / lead development, and a passion for SaaS technology and eCommerce.
What You’ll Do
Develop and Lead our Sales Development Strategy
- Define, plan and execute a holistic sales development strategy and process that aligns with key revenue, customer experience, and LTV: CAC objectives.
- Develop a thorough understanding of both BigCommerce (i.e. products, services, and value proposition), industry/market forces and the key attributes and needs of BigCommerce Merchants.
- Understand, develop, and optimize productivity, analytics, lead classification and scoring, lead routing, CRO and mid-funnel sales & marketing engagement to drive profitable growth at optimum LTV: CAC.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with key internal partners, including Marketing, Finance/Analytics, Product, as well as other members of the Sales team to increase the velocity of the sales funnel and revenue pipeline.
- Help craft and continually refine the Ideal Customer Profile (ICP) across multiple target markets and segments
- Collaborate with other leaders to establish tactical and strategic plans and objectives (including but not limited to planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities).
Lead and Manage a Team
- Lead the day to day operations of the team to ensure effectiveness, efficiency, and scalability including developing and maintaining accurate forecasts and managing team metrics using SFDC.
- Hire, develop, lead, manage, motivate, and coach managers to maximize their individual potential, contributions, and professional growth as well as the ability to lead their teams.
- Draw on the established methodology to help managers coach their teams on all aspects of the sales development process including discovery and competitive differentiation.
- Cultivate an environment of accountability, teamwork, openness, creativity, and continuous improvement. You and your team must be forward thinking and always testing new opportunities.
- Leverage tools and resources to develop and implement effective processes, policies, and training to scale your businesses.
Deliver Insights to Inform Strategy
- Provide strategic insights on sales development, customer needs, competitive strategies, and product roadmap inputs, to the rest of the business with a goal of maximizing profitable growth
- Provide a high level of visibility to lead generation process and partner with other internal groups - including Marketing, Business Development, Product/Engineering, and Finance - to conduct research, analyze trends, and make recommendations to the leadership team on which merchants and features to prioritize
- Effectively communicate findings via reports and presentations to inform strategies and drive revenue growth.
Who You Are
- Experienced Sales Leader
- 10+ years experience with sizable (15+ rep) SaaS inside sales and sales development teams in a high volume, fast-paced environment, ideally at a $50M+ company (must include 7+ years management experience, up to Director-level)
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent. MBA preferred.
- History of successfully, consistently achieving quotas and objectives.
- Strong Salesforce.com, sales automation tools, email, Office / Google doc, electronic document management skills.
- Small and Mid-market eCommerce domain expertise a plus.
- Customer Focused - Passion for merchant service and satisfaction.
- Driven - Able to develop and successfully execute S>M>A>R>T>E (excellence) sales plans, affect significant change, and build and develop high performing leaders and teams.
- Strategist - You have perspective, can see and discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future, and recognize what can/should be done now to affect future performance.
- Analytical - High degree of business acumen, strong working knowledge of lead distribution optimization, conversion, sales lift, CRO opportunities, ability to provide consistent, accurate forecasts, and experience managing teams’ performance via Salesforce CRM, focusing on sales/call center metrics and transactional leading indicators.
- Coach - A high energy professional with a strong knowledge of sales methodology, positive attitude, and a deep desire to develop people and grow their careers in a supportive, yet accountable, work environment.
- Agile - Capable of thoughtful yet rapid adaptation in response to changes in competitors, technologies, or market conditions.
- Master Influencer - Excellent written/verbal communication and customer relationship skills are critical.
- Collaborative - Ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners such as Marketing, Product, Engineering, and Sales.
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it.