BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin in 2017 is looking for a Director, Enterprise Sales to join our team. Reporting to our VP of Mid-Market and Channel Sales, the Director will manage and mentor a team of Sales Executives and drive our Enterprise strategy and process. Ultimately, your insights and experience will be key to the performance of our sales organization as we look to rapidly accelerate our growth and, most importantly, the growth and success of our Merchants.
What you'll do
- Drive revenue through new merchant acquisition, meeting or exceeding all sales targets and performance metrics
- Lead, inspire, manage, and mentor experienced sales executives to maximize their individual potential and professional growth as well as ability to function effectively as a team
- Build a culture of accountability and urgency by transparently leveraging metrics and reporting to drive the right behaviors
- Develop a deep understanding of our product messaging, technology platform, partner ecosystem, and competitive landscape
- Cultivate an environment of teamwork, openness, creativity, and continuous improvement
- Support and assist sales executives with all aspects of the sales process including client presentations, proposals, contract negotiations, and final close
- Develop and maintain accurate forecasts
- Identify topics and partner with sales trainer to plan product and competitive training sessions
- Build excellent working relationships with all key business leaders, colleagues, and broader team
- Listen carefully to prospects and clients to provide market feedback to the Product team and help prioritize functionality needed to drive sales opportunities
- Partner with Account Management and Client Services team to provide new customers a seamless onboarding experience
- Creatively identify and help drive new programs to improve the sales organization
- Collaborate with other senior leaders to establish strategic plans and objectives
- Contribute to the development and implementation of corporate and/or organizational policies
Who you are
- Successful Software or SaaS Sales Leader
- 10+ years software or SaaS sales experience with a focus on consultative solutions selling
- 5+ years sales management experience in a rapidly growing and fast-paced environment
- Keen understanding of the SaaS model and ecommerce space
- Driven Achiever - You thrive on challenges and have a proven history of successfully, consistently leading teams to achieve quotas and objectives, within a complex client acquisition driven business, preferably in the mid-market or enterprise space.
- Servant Leader - You are a proven servant leader with a strong desire and understanding of how to develop people in a supportive, accountable environment and inspire them to give 100% effort and perform at levels higher than they imagined they could achieve.
- Sales Star and Master Negotiator - You are a great salesperson with sales coaching/training skills and sales methodology knowledge who will be the role-model of sales excellence for the team. Your extensive experience will allow you and others to skillfully negotiate wins internally and externally while maintaining strong relationships.
- Strategist - You have perspective and can see and discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future, recognize what can/should be done now to affect future performance, and see and understand the challenges between the current and the ideal situation.
- Data Driven Decision Maker - You are an organized, data-driven and detail and goal oriented believer in building great sales systems and process, have strong business acumen, prioritize effectively, consistently make good decisions, and creatively solve complex problems.
- Customer Focused - You have a passion for service and satisfaction, are dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers, gets first-hand information and use it for improvements in products and services, act with customers in mind, and establish and maintain effective relationships with customers, gaining their trust and respect.
- Master Communicator - Excellent written/verbal communication, presentation, and customer relationship skills are critical.
- Collaborative - You have demonstrated success working cross-functionally in matrixed organizations.and have the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners such across Product Development, Channel, Marketing, other sales channels.
- Composed - You know how to remain collected in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out responsibilities with minimal direction.
- Personable - You are a high energy professional with a resiliently positive attitude and deep personal confidence that exudes a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Technically Adept - You pick up on technical things quickly, enjoy learning new skills and knowledge, and are adept at staying ahead of the curve on relevant industry, company, product, or technical knowledge. You have deep understanding of Salesforce.com and CRM best practices and ideally have a basic understanding of HTML, CSS and internet technologies (shopping carts, web hosting, email, and online marketing tools).
- Courageous and Ethical - You possess professional courage, steadfastly persevere through challenges, are ambitious while humble, have high standards for ethics and integrity, and do the right things the right way.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent preferred
- The ability to travel as needed (up to 25%).
BigCommerce is a robust, flexible commerce platform that provides established and emerging brands with everything they need to launch, promote, manage and scale a successful online store.BigCommerce merchants earn more than retailers on competitive commerce solutions thanks to advanced features, better site performance and streamlined business processes. Founded in 2009, the company has received more than $100 million in funding from SoftBank Capital, American Express, Telstra Ventures, General Catalyst, Revolution Growth and FLOODGATE. BigCommerce supports thousands of retailers around the world from its offices in San Francisco, Austin and Sydney.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Open vacation policy for salaried team members and generous accrual vacation policy for hourly team members, + paid sick time
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Three especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven teambuilding activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, river floats, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events