BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores at a fraction of the cost to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce is looking for an executive leader for our Strategic Business Development team. Powering over $7B in annual sales for more than 60,000 clients in 120 countries, BigCommerce is focused on empowering businesses of all sizes to sell more, sell faster, sell everywhere.
Reporting to our Chief Development Officer, you’ll have a huge impact on the ongoing success of the company by developing and then executing on a strategic plan to partner with world-class payment solution providers around the world, helping to drive global merchant and revenue growth for BigCommerce.
What You’ll Do
- Working alongside senior leadership, develop and execute BigCommerce’s next generation payment strategy, including identification and partnering with unique, high-value partnerships across the payments value chain.
- Develop the payments strategy to include International Growth, Subscription Billing, Fraud and driving an open source solution for partners to develop their own integration to BigCommerce.
- Develop and maintain accurate revenue and GMV forecasts.
- Solve complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires in-depth knowledge.
- Build excellent working relationships with all key business leaders, colleagues, and the broader team.
- Collaborate with other senior leaders to establish tactical and strategic plans and objectives.
- Propose innovative concepts and promote new ideas.
- Develop methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people.
- Create effective processes, leveraging tools and resources to scale your businesses.
- Develop a thorough understanding of both BigCommerce (i.e. products, services, and value proposition) and of the key attributes of the best BigCommerce Strategic Partners.
Who You Are
- 10+ years Business Development experience, ideally at a $50M+ company; Director-level+ experience preferred
- Deep pre-existing experience working inside the payments ecosystem.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent. MBA preferred.
- Achiever - You have worked for industry-leading technology companies, including very fast-paced startups at our stage and in a similar or adjacent technology sector, and have a proven history of successfully, consistently achieving quotas and objectives.
- Online payments geek - You are passionate about our space, with deep ecommerce domain expertise, in particular for the Small and Midmarket segments.
- Connected - You have a network and established relationships with key decision-makers that extends to the executive level within the commerce and adjacent technology sectors.
- Driven - You’ve demonstrated a clear trajectory of professional growth over time and have prior experience building shareholder value through business development.
- Visionary - Ability to Think Big and plan for the future with imagination and wisdom.
- Analytical - High degree of business acumen and ability to provide consistent, accurate forecasts.
- Solution Oriented - Ability to identify and creatively solve complex problems, including matters related to systems and processes.
- Agile - Capable of thoughtful yet rapid adaptation in response to changes in competitors, technologies, or market conditions.
- Master Influencer - Excellent written/verbal communication and customer relationship skills are critical.
- Collaborative - Ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners such as Marketing, Product, Engineering, and Sales.
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it.
- Efficient - Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Attentive - Passion for service and satisfaction and ability to manage sensitive information and numerous details with ease.
- Techie - Strong Internet, email, and electronic document management skills. A basic understanding of HTML, CSS and internet technologies (shopping carts, web hosting, email and online marketing tools) a plus.
- Travel Flexible - Ability to travel domestically or internationally as needed (est. 8-12 weeks per year).
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.