BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin 2017 is looking for a E-Commerce Solutions Architect for our Austin Four Points Office to enable our customers to sell more with their online stores. You will use your unparalleled consultative skills to help our Enterprise customers during onboarding to the BigCommerce platform and throughout the customer lifecycle. The right candidate will possess strong client relationship skills, the ability to communicate effectively, and the creativity to engineer solutions for the ever growing world of eCommerce entrepreneurs.
What You Will Do
- Serve in the role of product subject matter expert to assist the Customer Success Management team by providing technical expertise, assistance troubleshooting issues, and identifying expansion opportunities.
- Perform analysis and provide systems architecture solutions and leveraging new, existing, and emerging services, technologies, and platforms in a services and sales oriented environment.
- Identify and translate customer needs into a clear set of requirements for downstream feasibility and estimation.
- Collaborate with Customer Success Managers and customers to drive solution estimates, develop overall implementation plan, and serve as a project manager to implement solutions.
- Provide expert level support for cloud and hybrid cloud use cases.
- Organize additional technical resources within the organization to address client needs when necessary.
- Provide technical advice regarding architectural questions, solution deployment prerequisites and features to clients and internal stakeholders.
- Understand how to conduct requirements, design, implementation, and operations phases of a project.
- Perform POC on new use cases to propose and design solution as per business-technical needs.
- Design, develop, and deliver project engagements (complete lifecycle).
- Work with Product Management to help drive appropriate product enhancements.
- Perform consultative, solutions-based design for business clients who desire outsourced infrastructure options to enhance their own technical capabilities.
- Provide consultative services based on prospect’s requirements and available product offerings.
- You will assist the Customer Success team in a pre/post-sales technical process: installation, deployment, training, technical check-ups, and escalation management.
- Developing technical and architectural roadmaps and using them to proactively drive new technology adoption.
- Provide mentorship, training and supervise developers.
- Work with Global teams as required.
- A hands-on analyst, technologist, and architect who has deep experience developing and delivering enterprise solutions on cloud platforms. The architect will have responsibility to develop an overall architecture for the solution; for ensuring the completeness of the architecture, in terms of adequately addressing all the stakeholders needs.
- An experienced project leader in a variety of roles through either waterfall/SDLC or agile methodologies. The position will reside within the Premium Services team, reporting to the head of the Onboarding Consultant team, and will work closely with internal sales engineers, Customer Success Managers, Account Managers, Onboarding Consultants, and external customer technical/business resources. The Solutions Architect will work with customers to understand their business objectives and functional requirements and lead the technical efforts to ensure the successful implementation of those requirements to achieve stated business objectives.
- A highly creative technical individuals that can quickly learn various product offerings and/or applications, and then translate information learned into multiple technical solutions. Will need to quickly scale up in knowledge around Enterprise level apps/partners at BigCommerce to quickly determine the most efficient solution that also meets the budget needs of Mid-Market to Enterprise level eCommerce clients.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a technical discipline (e.g., engineering) or equivalent required.
- 7+ years of experience in architecting and implementing integration solutions around key technologies.
- 3+ years experience successfully leading and executing SaaS implementation projects from pre-sales to customer success including solution scoping and gap analysis, enterprise cloud systems integration, data migration, customer launch, and technical operations and troubleshooting.
- 3+ years management experience is a preferred.
- Expertise in architecting commercial-scale cloud systems leveraging IaaS, PaaS or SaaS infrastructure.
- Understanding of various database architectures (RDBMS, NoSQL, Document database, etc.)
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs, SOA/Web Services, eCommerce, content management systems, internet security standards, and fraud prevention.
- Strong understanding of other services and services providers in the following Cloud service layers: IaaS (AWS, Google, etc.), Saas (Salesforce, Successfactors, etc.), Paas (Azure, Amazon AWS, Google App Engine).
- Advanced understanding and experience integrating with and designing for SaaS providers.
- Strong skillset in the implementation of security standards in code such as OAuth, SAML, and other Tokenization and authentication methods and systems; understanding of security, SSO and federation technologies as applied cloud infrastructure.
- Proficient with common office applications, including MS Office Suite, Lucid Charts, Salesforce, and Project Management software.
- Periodic travel will likely be required.
- Excellent communications skills – both verbal and writing with experience producing requirements and design documentation to be leveraged as inputs to design/development and SOWs.
BigCommerce is a robust, flexible ecommerce platform that provides established and emerging brands with everything they need to launch, promote, manage and scale a successful online store. BigCommerce merchants earn more than retailers on competitive ecommerce solutions thanks to advanced features, better site performance and streamlined business processes. Founded in 2009, the company has received more than $100 million in funding from SoftBank Capital, American Express, Telstra Ventures, General Catalyst, Revolution Growth and FLOODGATE. BigCommerce supports thousands of retailers around the world from its offices in San Francisco, Austin and Sydney.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Open vacation policy for salaried team members and generous accrual vacation policy for hourly team members, + paid sick time
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Four especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven teambuilding activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, river floats, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events