BigCommerce, named a 2017 "Best Place to Work" in Austin is looking for a full-time Financial Analyst who will be responsible for being a trusted advisor on financial matters to the entire company, with particular focus on sales. You will analyze data and develop recommendations that will drive business decisions and BigCommerce’s growth.
The FP&A team at BigCommerce provides the opportunity to work on a diverse set of projects outside of normal responsibilities, enabling extensive full P&L and widespread FP&A experience. Over the past two years, some of the items the FP&A team contributed to include: changes to pricing structure, a shift in operational strategy, implementation of a FP&A system, & raising a funding round.
What You’ll Do
- Assist in monthly forecasting and in the annual strategic planning process.
- Develop and report both company and departmental metrics to the leadership team.
- Perform monthly P&L and cash flow variance analysis.
- Perform analysis in collaboration with the analytics team and provide actionable insights to leadership.
- Perform ad hoc ROI analysis and develop recommendations on next steps.
- Analyze and QA data.
- Be a trusted business partner and advisor across multiple functions of the organization in matters related to financial planning & analysis.
- Spend a significant amount of time working on ad hoc projects, which in the past have included:
- Collaborating on sales compensation plan design, including risks and impact of changes,
- Product pricing analysis,
- System integration (Host Analytics),
- Global facilities analysis,
- Equity fund raising, and many many more.
Who You Are
- BS or BA in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- 1+ years of experience in forecasting, budgeting, operations, data analysis, and reporting, preferred
- Strong analytical, logical, and problem solving skills (will be subject to a case study)
- Exceptional excel modeling skills (will be subject to Excel test)
- Strong attention to detail with focus on accuracy
- Strong data presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills with a creative outlook on how to get results
- Ability to partner and influence business leaders - proven teamwork skills
- Passion for making an impact
- SQL and Host Analytics experience (or other FP&A software) a plus
- Previous SAAS or eCommerce experience a plus
BigCommerce is a robust, flexible commerce platform that provides established and emerging brands with everything they need to launch, promote, manage and scale a successful online store.BigCommerce merchants earn more than retailers on competitive commerce solutions thanks to advanced features, better site performance and streamlined business processes. Founded in 2009, the company has received more than $100 million in funding from SoftBank Capital, American Express, Telstra Ventures, General Catalyst, Revolution Growth and FLOODGATE. BigCommerce supports thousands of retailers around the world from its offices in San Francisco, Austin and Sydney.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Open vacation policy for salaried team members and generous accrual vacation policy for hourly team members, + paid sick time
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Three especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven teambuilding activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, river floats, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events