BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast-growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2019 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a full-time Financial Analyst I. The Financial Analyst I, Financial Planning & Analysis is a trusted advisor on companywide financial matters. You will analyze data and assist in developing recommendations that will drive business decisions and BigCommerce’s growth. The FP&A team at BigCommerce provides the opportunity to work on a diverse set of projects outside of normal responsibilities, enabling an extensive full P&L, Contracting, Purchasing and widespread FP&A experience.
What You’ll Do
- Be a trusted business partner and advisor to your client organization(s) in matters related to financial operations (including being the key financial point of contact for contract and purchasing) with minimal oversight from FP&A leadership.
- Assist in process improvements and strategies to further automate and streamline the Financial Operations area as the organization scales
- Analyze and QA financial and business operations data.
- Perform analysis in collaboration with the analytics team and provide actionable insights to leadership.
- Perform ad hoc ROI analysis and provide recommendations on next steps to stakeholders
- Develop and report both company and sales metrics to the leadership team.
- Perform monthly P&L and cash flow variance analysis.
- Collaborate with finance, sales, and operation teams on variable compensation plan design as needed, including risk analysis
- Create Budget vs Actual reports and deliver to stakeholders
- Assist in contract negotiations to ensure financial enforceability prior to the agreement being signed
- Review contracts and perform cost saving analysis.
- Monitor contract renewals
- Serve as the primary financial point of contact to review purchases made by BigCommerce
- Provide analytical review of invoices and ensure services are billing properly
- Collaborate with Accounts Payable to ensure timely remuneration of partner invoices
- Compare and evaluate goods and contracts to recommend cost efficiency strategies
- Review software usage and make recommendations for financial savings
- Ensure enforcement of existing partner contracts
Who You Are
- 1-3 years of financial analysis experience with experience in purchasing, contracts, forecasting, budgeting, operations, data analysis, and/or reporting; experience in SaaS a plus
- BS or BA in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Strong analytical, logical, and problem-solving skills (will be subject to a case study)
- Exceptional excel modeling skills (will be subject to Excel test)
- Strong attention to detail with focus on accuracy
- Strong data presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills with a creative outlook on how to get results
- Ability to partner and influence business leaders
- Passion for making an impact
- SQL and Host Analytics experience (or other FP&A software) a plus
- Previous SAAS or e-commerce experience a plus
- Prior sales finance or purchasing experience a plus.
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that. Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.