BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin in 2019 is looking for a HR Generalist to support the HR Business Partner team in aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated functions. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation & management, internal communications and compliance. This role will work out of our Four Points location in Austin, Texas.
What You’ll Do
- Support the HRBP team’s efforts by actively contributing to the development of department goals, objectives and systems that support not only the efforts of the People & Culture department but the company’s strategic direction.
- Provide day to day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions) in partnership with HRBPs.
- Manage and resolve employee relations issues, including PIP’s, and conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations in partnership with HRBPs.
- Work with HRBPs to drive execution of HR/COE programs including, but not limited to talent assessments, career pathing and succession planning.
- Manage the development, implementation, maintenance and legal compliance of HR policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines.
- Support internal communications to ensure understanding of People & Culture programs ensuring consistency and alignment with BigCommerce's brand identity, strategic direction, philosophies and tone.
- Identify, review and analyze local trends & internal data to recommend solutions to HRBPs to improve performance, retention, and employee experience.
- Assist with processing employee changes, terminations and conducting exit interviews.
- Assist with initiatives and projects that span across the globe and across functions.
- Maintain in depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Maintain positive relationships with managers and employees to promote our culture of open communication.
Who You Are
- 2+ years experience in Human Resources, preferably within the technology industry and/or at a high growth, rapidly evolving company.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Psychology, or Communications preferred.
- HR Certification (SHRM or HRCI) a plus.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation, employee relations, talent management, recruiting and federal and state employment laws.
- A well-rounded HR skillset, a true generalist who is hungry to apply their skills in a wide range of areas.
- Capability to apply discretion and sound judgment in managing complex processes, decisions and handling sensitive information.
- Strong working knowledge of employment laws and regulations (ADA, EEO, FMLA, FLSA) and the ability to appropriately spot employment risk issues. Experience in California law a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, advanced skills in Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills, projects confidence and builds trust easily.
- Ability to work within compressed timeframes and embrace the sense of urgency, innovation and resourcefulness required in a fast-paced company.
- Self-starter with demonstrated success through collaboration and teamwork, and effective managing multiple competing priorities and projects.
- Positive, viewing challenges as opportunities that you translate into actionable items.
- Driven and results oriented, yet humble.
- Amazing human being who strives to make the lives of others better a must.
- Sense of humor, and/ or the ability to laugh when things get hectic, a HUGE plus.
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.