BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores at a fraction of the cost to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named "Best Place to Work" in Austin is looking for a Manager, Analytics in our Austin office to lead our team of data analysts and help drive our expansion into the Mid-market/Enterprise market segment. This is an internal facing role that acts as a player-coach for a team of analysts.
What You’ll Do
- Provide analytical leadership for the BigCommerce sales, marketing and partner teams driving our growth with Enterprise & Mid-market merchants
- Develop, deliver and communicate data insights and strategic recommendations to the executive leadership team in a clear and concise manner
- Author and maintain reporting to keep a pulse on the performance of our acquisition funnel
- Identify gaps and build a roadmap for acquisition funnel reporting, balancing stakeholder needs and business impacts
- Analyze sales and marketing effectiveness, identify strategic and tactical opportunities, and make recommendations to further profitability and growth
- Become an evangelist for data-driven decision making and quantify impacts of business decisions on the customer prospect journey
- Facilitate a “test and learn” approach to measuring and optimizing innovative tactics including account-based marketing, integrated campaigns, and partner-led acquisition.
- Refine and optimize multi-touch attribution models to quantify the impact of a diverse range of acquisition activities across both online and offline channels
- Socialize and build consensus on best practice for measurement and analysis of sales and marketing
- Prioritize your time and effort to maximize impact on meeting key team objectives
- Recruit, lead, manage, motivate, and coach team members to maximize their individual potential, contributions and professional growth
Who You Are
- 5+ years of experience working with sales and marketing data to analyze acquisition effectiveness
- Multiple years of experience using SQL to analyze large datasets and answer business questions
- Experience measuring subscription/SaaS business models and related metrics
- Deep knowledge of go-to-market tactics in a B2B context, experience with account-based marketing
- Technically proficient in CRM systems (Salesforce a plus), marketing automation software and data visualization tools
- An engaged, people person with experience in cross-functional roles and indirect influencing
- Proactive and results-oriented, comfortable independently solving problems despite ambiguity
- A thoughtful leader who earns trust and builds strong working relationships across departments
- A bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Math, Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or applicable experience
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- Ambitious, self-motivated, goal-oriented and analytical
- Excellent time-management skills
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.