BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin 2018, is looking for a Manager, Client Development to lead our growing client development team at our Austin Four Points Office.
In this role, you'll be drawing on your sales and account management experience as well as your broad knowledge of the e-commerce ecosystem to identify and execute on merchant focused sales and marketing campaigns to ensure our merchants have the product solutions they need to be successful and grow the SaaS Other revenue line for BC. At this level, you will contribute to the creation of upcoming up-sell/cross-sell campaigns as well as lead testing and rapid iteration of these projects in order to provide a playbook for other team members.
What You Will Do
Drive Revenue and Growth
- Draw on deep understanding of our product messaging, technology platform, partner ecosystem, and competitive landscape to drive revenue through cross-selling, and up-selling to an existing merchant base, meeting or exceeding all targets and performance metrics.
- Draw on established sales methodology to define, plan and execute selling strategies.
- Identify new opportunities to accelerate the awareness and adoption of BigCommerce Partner solutions - working closely with the Operations Manager to define the target criteria.
- Learn, use, and build upon established processes to grow revenue and achieve scalability.
Lead a Team of Experienced Sales Reps
- Lead the day to day operations of the team to ensure effectiveness, efficiency and scalability including building reporting and managing team metrics using SFDC.
- Recruit, manage, motivate, and coach the team to maximize their individual potential and professional growth as well as ability to function effectively as a team.
- Build a culture of accountability and urgency by transparently leveraging metrics and reporting to drive the right behaviors.
- Enforce repeatable processes and best practices that consistently delivers world-class sales and service excellence.
- Support and assist client development executives with all aspects of the cross-sell process including presentations, proposals, contract negotiations, and final close.
- Partner with other department leaders to arrange sales, product, and competitive trainings
Represent the Cross-Sell initiative as part of the SBD Leadership Team
- Develop and maintain accurate product and revenue sales forecasts.
- Listen carefully to prospects and clients to provide market feedback to the SBD Partner Managers to prioritize functionality needed to drive opportunities.
- Creatively identify and help drive new strategies and tactics to improve the team.
- Influence broader team strategies and practices by building excellent working relationships with leaders and colleagues.
- Work closely with the SMB and MM sales team leaders to ensure collaboration and efficient hand-off between the sales reps and the Client Development team.
- Strategically plan with business partners to identify future capacity requirements.
- Proven executive presence, with experience presenting to senior executives, up to and including the CEO.
Who You Are
- 5+ years sales or account management experience using consultative selling techniques - your sales experience primarily includes selling into an existing base of merchants to drive merchant success and revenue growth for the company.
- At least 3 years in a high volume, fast-paced inside sales environment in a $80M+ software, SaaS, eCommerce or other subscription based company.
- 2+ years proven sales leadership excellence, preferably teams of 10+ at a $80M+ company.
- Firm understanding of eCommerce, 3rd Party Applications, and business models to help position solutions to savvy eCommerce store owners.
- Experience prospecting into and selling into mid-market and enterprise accounts - greater than $1M a year in online sales.
- Keen understanding of and existing merchant sales experience at a SaaS or eCommerce company strongly preferred.
- High confidence and agility in using Salesforce for pipeline management and reporting
- Degree in Business or related field from a four-year college or university preferred.
- Talented Seller - You thrive on challenges and have a demonstrated ability to drive complex sales with all stakeholders, including executive management and technical teams, and have successfully, consistently achieved quotas and objectives within an outbound, acquisition driven business.
- Business Savvy - You possess a technical understanding of software and the e-commerce space, have a high degree of business and sales acumen, and provide consistent, accurate forecasts.
- Strategist - You have perspective and can see and discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future, recognize what can/should be done now to affect future performance, and see and understand the challenges between the current and the ideal situation.
- Coach - You possess developing leadership skills and a strong knowledge of sales methodology, positive attitude, and a deep desire to develop people and grow their careers in a supportive, yet accountable, work environment.
- Persuasive Master Communicator - You must have strong persuasion and negotiation skills - it is a sales job. Excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation, and client relationship skills are critical.
- Customer Focused - You have a passion for eCommerce software solutions, the web, web-based software products, our partners, service, and satisfaction.
- Efficientand Attentive - Excellent organization and time management skills and are able to manage sensitive client information and numerous details with ease.
- Flexible - You not only cope with change, you thrive on it and can shift gears comfortably.
- Driven - You are a results-oriented closer with a positive outlook and a clear focus on quality and business performance.
- Solution Oriented - You have the ability to identify and creatively solve complex problems to keep a sale on track.
- Confident - You’ve mastered the art of the cold open, have developed skills for overcoming objections, and have a healthy approach to handling rejection.
- Personable - You are positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Courageous and Ethical - You possess professional courage, steadfastly persevere through challenges, are ambitious while humble, have high standards for ethics and integrity, and do the right things the right way.
- Comfortable using technology - Sound knowledge of Salesforce as well as strong Internet, email, and electronic document management skills. A basic understanding of HTML, CSS and internet technologies (shopping carts, web hosting, email and online marketing tools) a big plus.