BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin in 2017 is looking for an experienced Marketing Automation Manager to join our team! This person will focus on elevating our integrated marketing automation programs that drive new customer acquisition, customer retention and overall lead lifecycle management. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, data driven, and have a strong technical understanding of marketing automation platforms and CRM systems - preferably Marketo and Salesforce.
In this role, you will be responsible for executing programs within the automation platform in support of all integrated marketing initiatives including building emails, landing pages, and workflows that ensure leads get actioned appropriately with all associated data in place to accurately track and measure performance. You’ll also be leading discovery conversations to understand the goals of the stakeholders and translating their needs into the technical commands that drive the automation and CRM platforms. BIG PICTURE: You will be on the forefront of creating a strong infrastructure for marketing and sales to create repeatable, measurable programs that produce highly qualified leads for BigCommerce.
What you'll do
Execute Marketing Automation Programs to Engage Prospects and Clients
- Act as a marketing automation consultant to the business, listening to the needs of stakeholders in order to understand what they are trying to accomplish and offer smart, trackable solutions
- Work with marketing and sales stakeholders to ensure flawless end-to-end campaign execution
- Become an expert in the lead lifecycle and sales process for BigCommerce so you can build marketing automation programs that align with both
Enable Sales to Effectively Follow-up on Marketing Qualified Leads
- Work closely with Sales, providing guidance on how to view leads and associated data in Salesforce to effectively follow-up with passed leads
- Help define processes that enable leads to be routed to sales teams and back to marketing when appropriate so either organization can take the right actions on them.
- Maintain strong ties with Sales to receive real time feedback on campaign results that could enhance campaign elements to improve quality or quantity of leads
Measure, Iterate and Communicate Stellar ROI Results
- Ensure marketing campaigns are designed to achieve measurable results
- Develop and disseminate campaign dashboards to highlight ROI, enabling further investment in winning campaigns and refinement of less optimal campaigns
- Analyze underperformers to identify opportunities for improvement and work cross-functionally to improve results
Role Model and Innovate
- Serve as an individual contributor leader, role modeling best practices for less experienced peers and navigating complex conversations with business and technical stakeholders.
- Propose innovative concepts and promote new ideas to the Leadership Team to grow revenue, increase client satisfaction and conversion, and drive overall improvements.
Who you are
- Experienced and Technical
- 5+ years related professional experience including 2+ experience building marketing automation programs - preferably in Marketo
- A successful track record of executing marketing automation programs for integrated marketing campaigns that deliver measurable results, strong preference for B2B expertise
- Deep understanding of customer behavior, fundamentals of sales and marketing psychology, strong grasp of ROI and analytics, and design and testing methodologies
- Strong technical understanding of CRMs, Salesforce preferred
- Strong Internet, Excel, email, and electronic document management skills
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Business, or similar field preferred
- Passionate Revenue Marketer - You have a strong “no lead left behind” mentality and see missed deadlines, errors in execution or flawed strategies as revenue left on the table.
- Data Driven Systems Thinker - You are dedicated to providing high-quality services, committed to continuous improvement using data, willing and able to change processes, open to suggestions and experimentation, and efficient and effective work processes.
- Master Communicator - Superior written and verbal communication skills are a must. You must have an excellent attention to detail and the ability to communicate and present technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- CollaborativeInfluencer- You have demonstrated success working cross-functionally with internal stakeholders and third party vendors and are able to skillfully negotiate wins while maintaining strong relationships.
- Organized - You can marshal the resources you need to get things done, simultaneously manage multiple priorities and/or projects, and deliver key milestones on time.
- Effective Prioritizer - You value time and use it effectively and efficiently, quickly zeroing in on the critically important items, putting the trivial aside, and sensing what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal.
- Detail Oriented Planner - Your have strong attention to detail, accurately scope out the length and difficulty of tasks and projects, anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks, and easily development and maintain schedules.
- Customer Focused - You want to deliver the best experience possible for future and current customers, as helping our customers’ businesses grow is the #1 goal at BigCommerce.
- Problem Solver - You have great critical thinking skills and are an expert at finding the information necessary to complete a piece. You can see hidden problems, probe sources for answers, are excellent at honest analysis, look beyond the obvious, and don’t stop at the first answer.
- Composed - You know how to execute consistently in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out self-directed responsibilities.
- Flexible - You not only cope with change, you thrive on it and can shift gears comfortably.
- Personable - You are seen as positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Technical Learner - You pick up on technical things quickly, enjoy learning new skills and knowledge, and are adept at staying ahead of the curve on relevant industry, company, product, or technical knowledge.
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it.
BigCommerce is a robust, flexible commerce platform that provides established and emerging brands with everything they need to launch, promote, manage and scale a successful online store.BigCommerce merchants earn more than retailers on competitive commerce solutions thanks to advanced features, better site performance and streamlined business processes. Founded in 2009, the company has received more than $100 million in funding from SoftBank Capital, American Express, Telstra Ventures, General Catalyst, Revolution Growth and FLOODGATE. BigCommerce supports thousands of retailers around the world from its offices in San Francisco, Austin and Sydney.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Open vacation policy for salaried team members and generous accrual vacation policy for hourly team members, + paid sick time
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Three especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven teambuilding activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, river floats, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events