BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin in 2017 is looking for a Marketing Campaigns Manager to join our team! This person will help develop and execute Go-To-Market campaigns that drive lead acquisition for customers in the $1M+ segment. You’ll also have the opportunity to influence marketing strategy by working closely with business partners in Sales, Partner, Finance, Product, and other members of the Marketing team.
Our ideal candidate is a driven, forward-thinking marketer who can quickly gain a deep understanding of our buyers’ journey and translate that into delivering the right message to the right customer at the right time.
What you'll do
- Drive revenue through new merchant acquisition, meeting or exceeding pipeline and revenue targets, as well as other performance metrics.
- Draw upon a deep understanding of the ecommerce space and merchant needs to design, direct and execute campaigns that create an intimate prospect dialog at all phases of the buying cycle, building the lead funnel for Sales.
- Manage the Mid Market media and lead generation strategy, including recommending and generating applicable content.
- Work cross-functionally to deliver integrated marketing campaigns. Cross-functional activities to include working with Digital Marketing on SEO, SEM and display ad strategies, as well as working with our Brand Manager to co-develop creative assets.
- Utilize a test-and-learn strategy to quickly iterate on campaigns and optimize channel mix to drive the most traffic and leads.
- In partnership with the Marketing Analyst, continuously measure and review campaign success, tweaking as needed to produce desired results.
- Establish campaign rules and best practices and ensure they are adhered to.
- File and manage all acquisition JIRA tickets, ensuring the projects are moving through the development stages.
- Build excellent working relationships with all key business leaders and colleagues, including those in Sales, Partner, Finance, Product, and other members of the Marketing team.
- Cultivate an environment of teamwork, openness, creativity to drive continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with senior leaders to establish strategic plans and objectives.
Who you are
- A professional with a Demand Marketing background
- 5+ years of marketing and professional writing experience, preferably in an agency, eCommerce, SaaS and/or merchant-focused, including experience:
- Managing an email program in support of demand generation programs
- Managing at least one additional channel such as digital or partner
- Managing integrated campaigns working with marketing automation platforms (Marketo preferred) and marketing databases
- Developing and executing marketing strategy across channels
- Someone who understands the eCommerce space and SMB/Mid-Market businesses as well demand marketing principles and can drive overall effectiveness of email in support of demand efforts. You have experience with marketing automation strategy, lead scoring, lead routing and sales processes.
- Proficient in Google Apps (Gmail, Docs, Drive) and relevant marketing and sales tools (SalesForce, Marketo, JIRA, Periscope, Google Analytics).
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, communications, English or related field
- A master communicator and influencer with superior written and verbal communication skills, including knowledge of the structure and content of the English language, the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar. You must experienced in writing copy for an SMB and/or mid-market audience.
- Able to handle multiple priorities with a strong attention to detail.
- A strong collaborator; you work well cross-functionally with key internal partners at all levels as well as external partners to identify joint marketing opportunities.
- An all-around amazing person who inspires those around them.
BigCommerce is a robust, flexible commerce platform that provides established and emerging brands with everything they need to launch, promote, manage and scale a successful online store.BigCommerce merchants earn more than retailers on competitive commerce solutions thanks to advanced features, better site performance and streamlined business processes. Founded in 2009, the company has received more than $100 million in funding from SoftBank Capital, American Express, Telstra Ventures, General Catalyst, Revolution Growth and FLOODGATE. BigCommerce supports thousands of retailers around the world from its offices in San Francisco, Austin and Sydney.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Open vacation policy for salaried team members and generous accrual vacation policy for hourly team members, + paid sick time
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Three especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven teambuilding activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, river floats, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events