BigCommerce, a “Best Place to Work” in Austin is seeking a People Operations Analyst to work with People People Team team in our awesome Austin Headquarters.
This position will serve as the project lead for implementation of an HRIS solution to meet the needs of the People People Team at BigCommerce. In addition, this position leads recurring People People process cycles, creation and delivery of dashboard and recurring reporting for the People People Team and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities. After implementation of an HRIS solution, the People Operations System Analyst will support upgrades, new module implementations, testing and other technical projects as assigned.
- Lead requirements gathering, RFP process, selection and implementation of HCM suite
- Use strong analytical skills with knowledge of business rules to recommend process/customer service improvements, innovative solutions, policy changes and/or major variations from established policy
- Serve as a key liaison with third parties and other stakeholders (e.g. recruiting, HRBPs, L&D)
- Meet with all levels of management to discuss and clarify requests for projects concerning People People systems
- Use project management skills to manage one off projects as well as manage recurring People People process cycles
- Develop a formal plan for carrying out each assigned project using appropriate planning methods and experimental design and testing
- Execute assigned projects, including data collection/design and development specifications/testing criteria/recommendations and implementations
- Prepare detailed written reports of project and documentation for each project to serve both technical and general users
Reporting and Analysis:
- Develop, maintain and support a variety of reports, queries and dashboards using appropriate reporting tools
- Assist in development of standard reports for ongoing customer needs
- Help maintain data integrity in systems by running queries, auditing and analyzing data
- Track trends and developments within HR data
Subject Matter Expert:
- Maintain awareness of current trends in HR systems with a focus on product and service development, delivery and support, and applying key technologies
- Examine trends in information systems training, materials and techniques
- Through classes, reading, CBTs or other mechanisms, continuously increase both HR knowledge and HRIS application/tools knowledge
- Participate in user group meetings/conferences
Experience & Skills
- 5+ years related experience in business and/or systems analysis
- 3+ years HR Systems experience ideally in a high-tech, high-growth environment, global/multi-location experience preferred
- Strong knowledge and understanding of HRIS, Payroll, Benefits, Equity, Recruiting, Performance Management, Compensation and Learning and Development programs and processes
- Advanced excel skills
- Capability to apply discretion and sound judgment in managing complex processes, decisions and handling sensitive information
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability to work within compressed timeframes and embrace the sense of urgency, innovation and resourcefulness required in a fast-paced company
- Comfortable working hands-on to get things done and quickly shifting to complex strategy discussions
- Can accomplish results and desired outcomes through formal and informal corporate structures
- Exceptional client relationship skills and ability to influence all levels in the organization using data and reason.
- Strong analytical skills - the ability to synthesize data and develop insights
- Passion for technology, wide range of knowledge regarding tools and data that enable efficiency
- Experience in the launch and optimization of processes and programs designed to continuously improve service delivery
BigCommerce is a robust, flexible commerce platform that provides established and emerging brands with everything they need to launch, promote, manage and scale a successful online store.BigCommerce merchants earn more than retailers on competitive commerce solutions thanks to advanced features, better site performance and streamlined business processes. Founded in 2009, the company has received more than $100 million in funding from SoftBank Capital, American Express, Telstra Ventures, General Catalyst, Revolution Growth and FLOODGATE. BigCommerce supports thousands of retailers around the world from its offices in San Francisco, Austin and Sydney.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Open vacation policy for salaried team members and generous accrual vacation policy for hourly team members, + paid sick time
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Four especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven team building activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, river floats, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events