Product Manager, Catalog
San Francisco, CA
At BigCommerce, named a "Best and Brightest Companies to Work For" in San Francisco 2017, our product organization is structured around cross-functional teams that specialize in a specific area of our platform. We’re looking for a Product Manager, reporting to the Director of Product Management to focus on the product catalog area of our platform. Are you a hands-on, scrappy product owner with technical chops and a proven track record of delivering successful software products? Then we’re looking for you to drive one of the most strategic parts of our platform, which some of the biggest brands on the Web.
What you’ll do:
- Within an Agile framework, work cross functionally to polish epics with requirements, acceptance criteria and break it up into stories and tasks with the team.
- Lead stand ups, backlog grooming, sprint kick offs and reviews.
- Work cross functionally, and with customers and partners as needed, to understand use cases, features, business & technical domain rules and overall product goals.
- Enthusiastically work with your team, consisting of developers, designers, and quality engineers, and business partners to groom the backlog and prioritize work into sprints.
- Work collaboratively with your team to break complex projects into small projects, with each iteration adding more customer value.
- Plan and manage product roll-out and assist with the day-to-day operational support post roll-out.
- Analyze data to measure the impact of product improvements, and then iterate to constantly optimize performance.
- Define and communicate performance metrics to key stakeholders throughout the organization.
Who you are:
- Depending on the size and type of teams/companies you’ve worked at in the past, that could translate to anywhere from 2 to 4+ years’ experience in a hands-on product management role.
- You’ve shipped products that thousands of people use and love.
- You have worked in SCRUM Agile methodologies and understand the process.
- You’re passionate about building next-generation products for the fast-growing ecommerce industry.
- You have worked on platform artifacts and understand services, APIs frameworks.
- You have a technical background, or have a technical orientation, enough to get in the weeds with engineers to understand the pros and cons of different technologies, design and potential solutions.
- You’re plugged into the worldwide commerce ecosystem of 3rd party developers and solutions. You speak their language and have their respect.
- You have a laser focus on the customer which enables you to have a deep understanding of their pain points and how they use the product.
- You use data to inform and defend your decisions.
- You’ve proven you can execute high-profile projects in a fast-paced and cross-functional environment.
- You’re able to develop a long term plan and then work with the team to break it into smaller chunks, each adding more customer value.
- You value market research and, when it comes to the competition, you have your finger on the pulse.
- You get excited about tackling big, complicated and often ambiguous problems.
- You understand that human behavior is complex and changing behaviors is a lot harder than building features and technology.
- You’re curious and love trying new things. You ask yourself “why did they build it that way?” or “what would happen if…?”
- You think analytically.
- You’re great at communicating and negotiating with cross-functional teams. You are a powerful influencer, and people like working with you even if they might disagree with you.
- You’re energetic and creative - both key characteristics that describe you and the projects you lead. You have a bias for action and make things happen.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for customer focused innovation.