BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2019 "Best Place to Work" at our headquarters in Austin, Texas, is looking for a Learning and Organizational Development Specialist focused on the development of our Professional Services teams in our Austin office. In this role, you will use your unparalleled organizational development skills to guide our professional services teams to provide the best in class service for BigCommerce’s Enterprise services. The right candidate will possess strong research and employee development skills, the ability to communicate effectively and measure the impact of organizational development efforts.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with the Professional Services leadership team to assess training needs and develop impactful training programs based on the functional roles within the BigCommerce Professional Services organization.
- Analyze team performance metrics, conduct focus groups and develop recommendations to improve the Professional Services Team's functional performance.
- Develop, implement and deliver curriculum for specific initiatives or programs for the Professional Services organization.
- Develop relationships with vendors and consultants to build comprehensive training and development programs.
- Lead and evaluate training programs, orientation and personnel development as well as organizational development for the Professional Services organization
- Continually evaluate the training progress and training procedures to monitor course effectiveness and update the curriculum as needed.
- Continually evaluate, gather and analyze best practices across the Professional Services organization for the purposes of enhancing curriculum as well as providing key findings and feedback to stakeholders.
- Coach and support staff through operational changes.
- Support an environment for Professional Development employees that facilitates professional growth, competency, and proficiency.
- In partnership with management, define the Professional Service professional development curriculum track, including components such as internal certifications.
- Design, develop, and implement performance-based employee evaluation methods.
- Execute programs and processes geared toward building individual employee skills in accordance with their personal career goals and the organization's overarching business strategy.
- Update training programs to ensure that they are current
- Oversee the creation of self-paced and instructor-led learning modules and other educational materials for employees
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, management information systems, or organizational behavior related field or equivalent experience required
- 2-3 years experience in coaching, counseling and training employees
- Have excellent written/verbal communication and client relationship skills, and experience communicating and negotiating with executive-level decision-makers and buyers
- Experience in eCommerce is preferred
- SaaS experience preferred
- Prior Professional Services experience is preferred
- HTML, CSS, API or object oriented coding experience preferred
- Diligent time management
- Proficient in Google/Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project, Smartsheets, LucidChart, Wrike or equivalent Project Management Information System (PMIS)
- Able to work well with technical and non-technical team members at various levels ranging from support to development
- Be confident and provide feedback to management that results in greater efficiency
- An ability to be flexible as well as a strong aptitude to adjust to change
This description is intended to serve as a summary of key duties and responsibilities and may not contain a comprehensive list of activities.
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.