BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
Reporting to our Director of Learning and Development, you will use your strong communication skills, sales knowledge, and BigCommerce platform knowledge to develop and improve the skills of your internal customers. By helping enable our technical support and professional services teams to recommend the right services at the right time, you will help drive merchant growth and revenue growth for BigCommerce. The professional services and technical support teams are your customers, and you will be instrumental to their success!
What You’ll Do
- Draw on your knowledge of sales best practices to review and suggest improvements to our processes for referring revenue opportunities to our business development team through support and professional services conversations
- Recommend a quality framework and build out a comprehensive and scalable contact monitoring program that quantifies and calibrates call skill performance, identifies opportunities for improvement, and increases revenue opportunities
- Employ continuous improvement strategy by collaborating with the business development team to review and improve the quality of referrals
- Incorporate state of the ecosystem Product Marketing Materials into CSS coaching and training
- Recommend coaching priorities to the leadership team and set Coaching Roadmap
- Collaborate with the Sales Trainer and Learning & Development Team (L&D) to develop and/or source best-in-class coaching strategies and skills training for CSS as it pertains to revenue generation
- Assist leadership to drive adoption of processes and key metrics
- Directly engage team members, primarily in groups and occasionally 1:1, to teach, mentor, coach
- Engage and assist team members on active opportunities as needed
- Work with Self Service & Community, L&D, SBD teams to prepare and organize digital and/or physical job aids or other materials required to facilitate the learning process
- Provide post training follow up and reinforcement
- Live monitor and evaluate contacts with team members daily
- Update, maintain, and report out on team member coaching points
Who You Are
- 2-3 years combined experience in SaaS platforms; ideally with a focus in one or more of the following areas: sales or sales process training (preferred), customer service, content creation, or instructional design
- Firm understanding of the BigCommerce platform and the associated partners and players within the ecommerce ecosystem
- Role model that is passionate about helping others, driving sales results and providing exceptional value to internal stakeholders
- Passion for creating and delivering training content that utilizes cutting-edge adult learning theory methodologies and best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, particularly with regard to accuracy, timeliness, persuasiveness, overcoming objections, and adapting and scaling training initiatives to large groups across multiple locations
- Confidence and courage to work with all internal and external stakeholders; from C-Suite to individual contributor
- Excellent organizational skills (i.e. particularly with regard to managing your projects and time independently in ambiguous and/or rapidly changing environments)
- Ability to work independently and use critical-thinking skills to develop solutions and make sound decisions
- Ability to work with and coordinate demands from multiple internal stakeholders in an fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to learn quickly and become a subject matter expert on new concepts, technology, and learning techniques
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.