BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores at a fraction of the cost to support every stage of their growth.
Love all things Digital? Passionate about Search Engine Marketing? Want to love what you do and where you do it? Think e-commerce is the coolest? Then you might belong at BigCommerce. As a market-leading Ecommerce SaaS company, we drive continued excellence and innovation in digital marketing performance.
The SEM Manager position is an opportunity to join an energetic and growing organization as an integral part of our digital marketing team. You will develop and execute SEM strategy, manage multi-channel at large scale, implement SEM campaigns and drive SEM innovations, optimization and improvement for growing SEM performance and efficiency. The ideal candidate must possess a passion for digital and search engine marketing, with strong analytical skills, impeccable attention to detail and mastery of online marketing tactics. Extensive experience in the B2B space is desired and experience in multiple market segments is a plus.
What You’ll Do
- Ownership of SEM Programming: Build, monitor, optimize and manage day-to day SEM campaigns across all platforms.
- Reporting: Generate and present SEM reports, analysis and recommendations for key stakeholders across the business, including broader marketing organization and executive management.
- Analytics: Ability to interpret campaign trends and monitor key performance indicators, With a focus on multi-channel digital marketing attribution methodologies and tooling
- Performance: Develop SEM strategies and execute tactics that will expand program traffic, leads and revenue while meeting/exceeding efficiency goals, achieving targeted ROI for SEM campaigns. Monitor and adjust campaign to ensure healthy KPIs: CPL, Cost Per Click, Quality Scores, Click Thru Rate, Conversion Rate, LTV & Revenue.
- Budget Management: Manage multi-million dollar SEM budget, including tracking spend across all SEM campaigns and channels. Work closely with internal stakeholders to advise on budget allocations to maximize SEM performance and efficiency.
- Website Analysis and Optimization: Work closely with Conversion Rate Optimization, web and product marketing team to analyze full digital funnel performance, identifying opportunities to increase conversion rate, lead volume, improve lead quality and reduce cost per lead.
- Search Engine Optimization: Collaborate with SEO team to best utilize keyword research, ranking trends and keyword search volume data to effectively test and expand campaigns and keywords, build negative keyword lists and expand program.
- Offline Conversions & Backend Data: Utilize and incorporate data and events occurring outside the SEM platforms and utilize to build audiences and influence campaign decisions..
- Resources & Tooling: Identify, recommend and manage third party vendors, agencies and tools as needed for SEM execution, reporting, optimization, and growth.
- Expertise: Keep up to date with industry trends, research industry related media, and paid search best practices
Who You Are
- 5+ years related professional experience, including:
- 3+ years of hands-on experience managing pay-per-click accounts >$300K a month. Google Adwords Certified. Bing Certified a plus.
- 3+ years of experience working with Google Analytics (or similar web analytics platform) - Google Analytics 360 experience a PLUS!
- Experience using SEM campaign management Software like Marin or Kenshoo.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or Advertising preferred
- Customer Focused - You have a passion for eCommerce software solutions, the web, web-based software products, our partners, service, and satisfaction.
- Analytical - Superior analytical skills and well versed in the use of data, content, and technology to influence consumer behavior - Excellent Excel skills are crucial (pivot tables, vlookup, and formulas should excite you).
- Data Driven Decision Maker - You are an organized, data-driven and detail and goal oriented believer in building great systems and process, have strong business acumen, prioritize effectively, consistently make good decisions, and creatively solve complex problems.
- Driven - Extremely proactive and results-oriented, looking to make improvements and drive change in a fast-paced environment while being under tight deadlines.
- Strategic - You thrive on challenges, are agile, possess a great deal of perspective and have a clear vision, tolerance for risk, and ability to navigate ambiguous situations.
- Agile - You can easily prioritize multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, have a sense of urgency, and are capable of thoughtful yet rapid adaptation in response to changes in internal and external conditions. You’re able to seamlessly balance strategic initiatives and “Keeping the Lights On” (KTLO) activities.
- Master Communicator - Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to flex your style to relate sophisticated concepts to an entry level employee or C-suite executive as needed.
- Personable - You are a high energy professional with a resiliently positive attitude and deep personal confidence that exudes a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Courageous and Ethical - You possess professional courage, steadfastly persevere through challenges, are ambitious while humble, have high standards for ethics and integrity, and do the right things the right way.
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.