BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
As Senior Data Analyst you will partner with business leaders to understand and improve business performance. This role will work closely with stakeholders across the organization to measure and quantify business processes and performance and formulate strategic recommendations. You will be instrumental in helping our business understand their performance against company objectives. Sometimes the tasks can be ambiguous but that’s part of the challenge and you will determine the best way to find the right data points to tell the right story for any given audience.
What You’ll Do
- Partner closely with business leaders to understand key challenges and business opportunities as well as provide insightful reporting on performance trends
- Work closely with data engineers, business application administrators, and other stakeholders to ensure reliable data collection and measurement capabilities
- Craft dashboards and KPIs that provide insight into business performance
- Design and conduct statistical analyses of business performance in order to optimize and improve investment
- Identify trends in data and provide recommendations on how to respond
Who You Are
- 3+ years in a data/analytics role
- Advanced SQL skills applied in a business context and proven ability with data visualization tools and techniques (Tableau, Looker, or Periscope Data preferred)
- Strong business acumen and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to apply statistical models and techniques to business problems
- Ability to present data in a concise and digestible manner; comfortable presenting in front of executive-level audiences
- Some exposure to Python or similar scripting or programming languages
- Capable of executing analytical projects independently without direct supervision
- Have a quantitative mindset and passion for data and technology
- Able to deal with ambiguity and problem-solve independently
- Stakeholder management experience and professional written/verbal communication skills
- Ambitious, self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Outstanding work ethic and excellent time management skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in quantitative field (economics, statistics, business, computer science) or equivalent experience
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.