BigCommerce, named a “Best Place to Work” in 2017 is looking for a Senior Global Marketing Operations Manager to join our team! This person will be responsible for optimizing the effectiveness of the global Marketing organization via process, clean and current data, and rigorous analysis.
The Senior Global Marketing Operations Manager will lead a centralized function that controls all operations of the marketing team across marketing segments and channels, including responsibility for 1) program management of large projects, 2) cross-campaign marketing calendar management, 3) budget management, and 4) ensuring that we are maximizing return on various marketing investments in alignment with the overarching business strategy.
What you’ll do
- Align channel and segment plans to the Tier 1 priorities and revenue goals for BigCommerce
- Design program architecture for major cross-team projects to account for all marketing tactics across all channels, ensuring that all tactics are tied to a desired business outcome
- Coordinate various marketing activities into a single marketing calendar and partners cross-functionally with Design, Sales, and others to execute against agreed upon initiatives
- Communicate effectively to all functional areas to align their work, plan their marketing plans, and define marketing activities that support effective execution against Tier 1 initiatives for the quarter, year, etc.
- In partnership with BI, measure revenue impact from programs and campaigns. Leverage data, measuring, and monitoring to identify successes and failures of all programs deployed
- Builds transparency with other functions, including informing sales ops, sales leadership, and Design of the marketing milestones
- Manages marketing team budget
Who you are
- Operations Professional
- 7+ years professional experience, including:
- 5+ years operations experience, preferably at a $50M+ SaaS, eCommerce or other subscription based company
- 3+ years Marketing Operations experience
- 1+ years of people management experience
- Degree in Business or related field from a four-year college or university required, MBA preferred
- Demonstrated success with end-to-end process design, rollout, and project management
- Working knowledge of sales methodologies and solution selling.
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com, Marketo, Confluence, and other business applications.
- Familiarity with ecommerce a HUGE plus
- Financial, budgeting, planning, compensation background experience
- Proven record using operations expertise to drive productivity, hyper growth and profitability in a dynamic organization
- Business and Financial Acumen - High level of business and financial acumen, particular in the areas of sales and operations. You are adept at staying ahead of the curve on relevant industry, company, product, or technical knowledge.
- Agile - You have a sense of urgency and are capable of thoughtful yet rapid adaptation in response to changes in internal and external conditions. You’re able to seamlessly balance strategic initiatives and “Keeping the Lights On” (KTLO) activities.
- Problem Solver - You can see hidden problems and probe a variety of sources for answers, are excellent at analysis, able to look beyond the obvious, and can identify and creatively solve complex problems, including matters related to systems and processes.
- Systems Thinker - You are dedicated to providing high quality services, committed to continuous improvement through empowerment and management by data, willing and able to re-engineer processes from scratch, open to suggestions and experimentation, and efficient and effective work processes.
- Process and Project Manager - You can readily design practices, processes, and procedures, know what to measure and how to measure it, can organize people and activities, and are good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done. Lean/Agile experience and JIRA is a plus.
- Data Driven Decision Maker - You are an organized, data-driven and detail and goal oriented believer in building great systems and process, have strong business acumen, prioritize effectively, consistently make good decisions, and creatively solve complex problems. Advanced Excel and data analysis skills required.
- Customer Focused - You have a passion for for small and mid-market business customers, service, and satisfaction. With dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers, you get first-hand information and use it for improvements, act with customers in mind, and establish and maintain effective relationships, gaining trust and respect.
- Master Communicator - Excellent written/verbal communication, listening, presentation, and relationship skills are critical.
- Influencer - You are adept at creating commitment and accountability, managing without authority, and skillfully negotiating cross-functional wins while maintaining strong relationships.
- Collaborative - You have demonstrated success working cross-functionally.and have the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key internal partners including Marketing, Finance, Business Intelligence, and Business Applications.
- Composed - You know how to remain focused and collected in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment.
- Personable - You are a high energy professional with a resiliently positive attitude and deep personal confidence that exudes a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Courageous and Ethical - You possess professional courage, steadfastly persevere through challenges, are ambitious while humble, have high standards for ethics and integrity, and do the right things the right way.
BigCommerce is a robust, flexible commerce platform that provides established and emerging brands with everything they need to launch, promote, manage and scale a successful online store.BigCommerce merchants earn more than retailers on competitive commerce solutions thanks to advanced features, better site performance and streamlined business processes. Founded in 2009, the company has received more than $100 million in funding from SoftBank Capital, American Express, Telstra Ventures, General Catalyst, Revolution Growth and FLOODGATE. BigCommerce supports thousands of retailers around the world from its offices in San Francisco, Austin and Sydney.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Open vacation policy for salaried team members and generous accrual vacation policy for hourly team members, + paid sick time
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Three especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven teambuilding activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, river floats, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events