BigCommerce named a ”Best Place to Work" in Australia, a “Best and Brightest” place to work in San Francisco, and a “Best Place to Work” in Austin, is looking for a full-time Senior Infrastructure Engineer in our San Francisco office.
As an Infrastructure Engineer at BigCommerce, you’ll work as part of our Technical Operations team. Our Infrastructure Engineering team consists of a talented group of individuals who specialize not only in web operations and systems administration but also software engineering. We’re charged with designing the underlying technology stack that powers BigCommerce stores and building the underlying systems and tools that enable engineering teams to build and ship BigCommerce services.
We’re looking for an experienced candidate who brings a blended set of skills for software engineering and web operations to our team. In other organizations, you might have heard of this referred to as a “DevOps Engineer”. We like to believe DevOps is an idea, a theory, and a set of fundamentals about how we work and interact within our team, in engineering, and for our business.
Currently, you’ll find us predominately working in Ruby, and PHP, backed up by Puppet for configuration management. We’ve also been known to work in JVM based languages (Scala), and with Go from time to time. We’re always integrating new services and new technologies into our environment - Docker, linkerd, HAProxy, Nomad and Terraform just to name a few.
Our ideal candidate possesses some or of the following skills:
Curious what our Infrastructure Engineering team has been up to or some of our upcoming roadmap items you could have the opportunity to be involved in?
Our mission is to revolutionize commerce, bringing online selling and features once reserved for multi-billion-dollar companies to the masses. To make that a reality, we need exceptional people to build, support and grow our platform. If that’s you, come join a fast-growing company with more than 85,000 clients, a great culture, outstanding benefits and $125 million in funding from visionary investors like Steve Case's Revolution Partners, Softbank, Amex and Telstra.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits
• An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
• Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
• Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
• Culture groups including a women’s networking group.
• Three especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco, and Sydney
• A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
• Employee-driven team building activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, etc.
• Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events