BigCommerce, named a 2018 Best Place to Work in Austin, is looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our marketing team! Reporting to the Director, Marketing Operations & Technology, you will support to key initiatives for the company by helping stakeholders across Marketing, Product, Support, Sales, and the Technical PMO team complete marketing campaign deliverables according to schedule, scope, and budget. The ideal candidate is well versed in anticipating, identifying, managing and communicating project risks and has excellent communication and relationship building skills.
What You’ll Do
- Work with a variety of different stakeholders within Marketing, Design, and Web to gain alignment and transform information into a cohesive plan to drive completion of deliverables for launches
- Partner with business and product stakeholders in identifying, managing and communicating key project risks and leading risk management strategies
- Develop, maintain, proactively track, and manage campaign milestones and deliverables, employing tools such as Gantt charts, flow charts, and trackers
- Manage and control project scope, budgets, timelines, and marketing launch calendar
- Drive project delivery through effective use of internal status meetings (i.e. coordinate and facilitate meetings, draft and issue timely agendas and minutes, and follow up on action items, etc.)
- Maintain, track, report, and understand variances in the project deliverables and timeline by working in close collaboration with business stakeholders such as products teams, marketing campaigns teams, design teams, and operations managers.
- Guide and manage the business stakeholders, ensuring effective and efficient cross-functional cooperation
- Maintain the integrity and accuracy of project information to meet business requirements
- Prepare project updates for governance meetings and clearly communicate status in written documents and presentations
- Lead cross-functional process improvements to help streamline campaign launch development and get campaigns into market faster
- Own and maintain the Marketing Confluence site including documenting all processes and publishing a campaign launch calendar
Who You Are
- 8+ years of related professional experience, including 3+ years of Project Management experience supporting cross-functional Marketing teams in a fast-paced SasS (or comparable) tech company environment
- Strong understanding of JIRA and Smartsheet or similar project management tools.
- PMP certification is required. SCRUM certification a major plus.
- Experience creating and actively managing integrated timelines and project risk factors
- Strong influencing skills and proven ability to get things done without formal authority
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including clear, succinct and timely communication and proven ability to foster important relationships with key stakeholders at all levels
- Experience facilitating project team meetings, cross-functional communication and decision making, and ensuring alignment with internal and external stakeholders
- Leadership skills, professional maturity, composure, and emotional intelligence
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities under tight deadlines
- A driver of change management, comfortable navigating ambiguity with the ability to find calm and structure in chaos