BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin in 2017 is looking for a Senior Organizational Development & Training Specialist.
The BigCommerce Learning and Organizational Development team has an immediate opportunity for a proven professional focused on enhancing our human capital program. Under the direction of the Director, Organizational Development & Training, this position will be responsible for executing against the priorities developed in concert with HR and business leaders throughout BigCommerce to develop, implement and maintain programs that support talent development. The Specialist works in collaboration with stakeholders to support organizational learning programs and processes consistent with evolving needs and environmental requirements at the business.
What You’ll Do
As a Senior Organizational Development & Training Specialist, your primary responsibilities will be:
- Designing, developing and delivering company wide talent development programs and initiatives such as high potential, succession planning, and career development programs
- Supporting the development of organizational culture and leadership and management capability across a global audience
- Working in partnership with the HR Business Partners to understand the ‘talent related’ business needs and offer Learning and Development expertise and solutions as required
- Developing learning interventions that can be delivered via a variety of blended learning methods, making best use of technology to a global audience at all levels
- Develop and design highly engaging and interactive learning solutions and apply industry standard methodologies, including ADDIE, SAM, and Agile to the full life cycle of course development in an established process by developing a course needs assessment, course design, implementation, and evaluation
- Design and develop complex–level interactive courseware, including ILT and vILT, online learning, Webcasts, mobile, social, video, microlearning, and authoring tools for training and serve as an internally recognized specialist in the learning and development space.
- Measure and evaluate programs to ensure consistency and quality of the design, deployment, branding, and business impact
- Develop and nurture client relationships and work closely with stakeholders and subject matter experts to develop and implement learning strategies, programs, and processes for the effective utilization of the organization’s human capital
- Assist in Identifying, qualifying, selecting, and monitoring learning vendors and suppliers
- Be a key member of the L&D team; assisting and collaborating with other team members on a consistent basis
- May involve some travel
Who You Are
- 5+ years of related experience in learning & organizational development and/or industrial organizational psychology.
- Bachelor's Degree in OD, Human Resources, or Psychology or equivalent working experience
- Proven track record in design, delivery and evaluation of management and employee development initiatives
- Experience in taking & developing a blended approach to learning to suit a global audience, incorporating up to date learning techniques
- Preferred accomplishments include assessing organizational needs, developing and delivering management and staff development initiatives, & succession planning.
- Have wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Advanced knowledge of change management, organizational design and effectiveness, talent assessment techniques and best practice L&D strategies, operations and teaching techniques
- Thinker and a Do-er - you can design strategies and scalable talent programs while also doing the leg work to deliver quick and effective results
- High level facilitation, presentation & coaching skills
- Comfortable working at all levels of the business with excellent interpersonal, collaboration and influencing skills
- Thorough technical decision making skills and strong business acumen - able to connect programs to business needs
- Self-starter with demonstrated success through collaboration and teamwork, and effective managing multiple competing priorities and projects
- Positive, viewing challenges as opportunities that you translate into actionable items
- Driven and results oriented, yet humble
- Amazing human being who strives to make the lives of others better a must
- Sense of humor, and/ or the ability to laugh when things get hectic, a HUGE plus.