BigCommerce, named a “Best Place to Work” in Austin in 2017 is looking for an ambitious Senior Partner Manager to join our growing Strategic Business Development Team. As a key member of the team reporting to the Executive Director, you will be responsible for cultivating and expanding our relationships with our portfolios of Technology Partners. BigCommerce is driven to be the leading Partner-centric ecommerce platform and needs passionate partner managers to amplify our efforts.
The Senior Partner Manager acts as the primary point of contact for a Portfolio of partners, responsible for their success as one of their champions within the BigCommerce organization. They will work with Partner Marketing to develop and deepen relationships with our partners around the following three Partner Centric tenants:
- Partner Engagement Marketing
- Partner Event Marketing
- Partner Content Marketing
The Senior Partner Manager will also be measured against a set of success criteria, including revenue growth, business operations, and strategic alignment.
What you’ll do
Drive Engagement + Partner Centric Relationships
- Responsible for the success of your Partners, you will grow relationships and collaborate with various stakeholders across the partners organization including marketing, product, sales, and client success.
- Understand your business objectives and align BigCommerce’s initiatives to support our partners as appropriate.
- Develop and drive strategic and tactical plans for a portfolio of partners (i.e. go-to-market, onboarding and launch, adoption by BigCommerce merchants, etc.).
- Collaborate closely with the Partner Marketing team in the development of marketing strategies, objectives and measured executables.
Understand and Champion Partners
- Become an SME on the portfolio of partners you are responsible for, including market position, platform capabilities, company objectives and strategies, and ecosystem relationships.
- Have a deep understanding of your partners’ vertical focus, capabilities, strategies, and customers
- Liaise with the BigCommerce Product Team and partners to identify required product/solution feature/functionality to allow for continuity with regard to their existing solution and ensure the timely launch of quality partner integrations.
- Work closely with the BigCommerce Sales, Product, and Client Success teams (Onboarding and Account Management) on behalf of your portfolio of partners.
Drive Revenue + Growth
- Keep all your partners up to date on new BigCommerce functionality and upcoming releases that will help them grow their business and entice new merchants
- Develop and measure key metrics including macro set of KPIs representing goals and objectives pertaining to your Portfolio and a micro set of KPIs developed in conjunction with each individual partner.
- Plan, organize, lead, and control balanced revenue growth, continued merchant awareness and customer satisfaction with a long term, multi-year focus.
- Work with Partners to drive joint marketing initiatives through events, content partner marketing, and other marketing campaigns.
- Administrative duties (i.e. reporting, documentation, etc.) as required to meet tactical and strategic objectives.
Who you are
- 7+ years related professional experience (I.e. partner management, technology sales or business development), ideally including 3+ years experience within a SaaS platform or eCommerce organization driving adoption of a SaaS-based solution with Partners and their clients.
- Experience coordinating and designing co-marketing programs with partners to drive merchant awareness and revenue growth in a high volume, fast-paced environment preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing/communications or related field preferred. MBA a plus.
- Strong Internet, email, and electronic document management skills required. An understanding of Salesforce.com, CRM best practices.
- Basic understanding of HTML, CSS and internet technologies (shopping carts, web hosting, email, and online marketing tools) is preferred.
- Agile and Adaptable - You can shift gears comfortably in a rapidly growing, constantly changing environment, thrive where experimentation is encouraged, and exhibit confidence in creating, executing, and championing those experiments.
- Driven Achiever - You thrive on challenges and have a proven history of successfully, consistently achieving revenue quotas and objectives, preferably in the mid-market or enterprise space.
- Action Oriented - You have a passion for getting things done, carry out responsibilities with minimal direction, enjoy working hard, are full of energy for challenges, and seize opportunities more than others.
- Business Acumen - You know how businesses work, keep up with relevant practices and trends, know the competition, have an analytical and entrepreneurial mind, and possess the ability to coach a partner at the executive level.
- Master Communicator - You provide the information people to the right people at the right time in the right way, adjusting your approach to fit the audience and setting (one-on-one, small and large groups, peers, direct reports, and leaders inside and outside the organization). Excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation, and client / partner relationship skills are critical.
- Organized - You can marshal the resources you need to get things done, simultaneously manage multiple priorities and/or projects, and deliver key milestones on time.
- Composed - You are cool under pressure, professionally mature, and know how to remain collected and focused in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment.
- A Planner - Your have strong attention to detail, accurately scope out the length and difficulty of tasks and projects, anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks, and easily development and maintain schedules.
- Personable - You are positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Comfortable using technology - You pick up on technical things quickly, enjoy learning new skills and knowledge, and are adept at staying ahead of the curve on relevant industry, company, product, or technical knowledge.
- Courageous and Ethical - You possess professional courage, steadfastly persevere through challenges, are ambitious while humble, have high standards for ethics and integrity, and do the right things the right way.
- Travel - Ability to travel domestically or internationally as needed. This job may require upwards of 25% travel to meet with partners which may require overnight stays or week long stays at locations (depending on project)
BigCommerce is a robust, flexible commerce platform that provides established and emerging brands with everything they need to launch, promote, manage and scale a successful online store.BigCommerce merchants earn more than retailers on competitive commerce solutions thanks to advanced features, better site performance and streamlined business processes. Founded in 2009, the company has received more than $100 million in funding from SoftBank Capital, American Express, Telstra Ventures, General Catalyst, Revolution Growth and FLOODGATE. BigCommerce supports thousands of retailers around the world from its offices in San Francisco, Austin and Sydney.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Open vacation policy for salaried team members and generous accrual vacation policy for hourly team members, + paid sick time
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Three especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven teambuilding activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, river floats, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events