BigCommerce, voted "Top Place to Work" 2017 for both Austin & San Francisco, is looking for a Senior Product Manager, reporting to the Director of Product Management, to lead one of our most strategic initiatives. Are you a scrappy, hands-on product leader with technical chops and awesome product instincts that can one minute be presenting your strategy to our exec team and the next minute be in the weeds inspiring our engineering team? Then we’re looking for you to drive one of the most strategic parts of our platform, which powers storefronts for some of the biggest brands on the Web.
Who you are:
- Depending on the size and type of teams/companies you’ve worked at in the past, that could translate to anywhere from 5-10+ years’ experience in hand-on product leadership roles.
- You’ve worked with different eCommerce, PIM or ERP systems, and you understand the needs and trends in B2C and B2B eCommerce space.
- You’ve designed and shipped products that thousands of people use and love.
- You’ve proven you can execute high-profile projects in a fast-paced and cross-functional environment.
- You’re Agile and Scrum evangelist, who are ready to help your team work in Agile/Scrum mode and be effective.
- You’re ready to work with the partially remote/offshore teams.
- You’re able to develop a long term strategy and then work with the team to break it into smaller chunks, each adding more customer value.
- You’re passionate about building next-generation products for the fast-growing ecommerce industry.
- You have a technical background, or have a technical orientation, enough to get in the weeds with engineers to understand the pros and cons of different technologies, design and potential solutions.
- You’re plugged into the worldwide commerce ecosystem of 3rd party developers and solutions. You speak their language and have their respect.
- You have a laser focus on the customer which enables you to have a deep understanding of their pain points and how they use the product.
- You use data to inform and defend your decisions.
- You value market research and, when it comes to the competition, you have your finger on the pulse.
- You get excited about tackling big, complicated and often ambiguous problems.
- You understand that human behavior is complex and changing behaviors is a lot harder than building features and technology.
- You’re curious and love trying new things. You ask yourself “why did they build it that way?” or “what would happen if…?”
- You’ve got strong UX instincts. You won’t need to do your own designs but you’ll work effectively with your design and research peers.
- You think analytically.
- You’re great at communicating and negotiating with cross-functional teams. You are a powerful influencer, and people like working with you even if they might disagree with you.
- You’re energetic and creative - both key characteristics that describe you and the projects you lead. You have a bias for action and make things happen.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for customer focused innovation.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the strategic project working with the entire product team, design and engineering team.
- Collaborate with other product managers, designers, researchers, data analysts and engineering teams to develop product strategy and prioritize features that bring the most value to our customers.
- Roll up your sleeves and get into the weeds of your projects, including writing user stories, and the day-to-day running of a high performing Agile team.
- Work closely with managers across the organization to ensure the vision for your product roadmap aligns with broader company objectives.
- Enthusiastically lead your team, consisting of developers, designers, and quality engineers, towards your vision with effective delivery.
- Work collaboratively with your team to break complex projects into small projects, with each iteration adding more customer value.
- Analyze data to measure the impact of product improvements, and the iterate to constantly optimize performance.
- Define and communicate performance metrics to key stakeholders throughout the organization.
Our mission is to revolutionize commerce, bringing online selling and features once reserved for multi-billion-dollar companies to the masses. To make that a reality, we need exceptional people to build, support and grow our platform. If that’s you, come join a fast-growing company with more than 85,000 clients, a great culture, outstanding benefits and $125 million in funding from visionary investors like Steve Case's Revolution Partners, Softbank, Amex and Telstra.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits
- Choice of parking or light rail pass for those in downtown Austin office
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Open vacation policy for salaried team members + paid sick time
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Three especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven team building activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, river floats, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events