BigCommerce is looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager who is an expert on the enterprise ecommerce customer, with demonstrated skill in using that expertise to influence product roadmaps and develop messaging to maximize effectiveness of sales and marketing teams. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker who can drive where we’re going tomorrow, yet is strong cross-functionally to drive results today. As a senior member of the product marketing team, you will be leading one or more company-changing initiatives and be highly visible with the executive team.
What you'll do
Be the customer expert, to help marketing drive adoption of our products
- Serve as a key expert on the enterprise ecommerce customer, building an understanding of their needs and the purchase decision process.
- Initiate market research and monitor technology news and trends, ecosystem developments, and competitive moves that influence customer needs.
- Work with the marketing team (including PR, comms, partner, acquisition, and engagement) to develop messaging for cross-channel campaigns to drive successful adoption of the platform and the features associated with the platform, and ultimately drive up revenue and NPS.
Influence product and business development decisions to meet the needs of our customers
- Use your understanding of the competition and ecosystem, coupled with an understanding of our product, to influence product and business development decisions.
- Lead cross-functional efforts across Business Development, Sales, Marketing, and Product to launch new products and drive market success.
Serve as a role model
- Serve as an individual contributor leader, role modeling best practices for less experienced peers and navigating complex conversations with business and technical stakeholders.
Who you are
- Experienced and passionate
- 7+ years of experience developing and executing product messaging and positioning across channels (preferably in mid-market/enterprise marketing), ideally including 5+ years of business-to-business marketing experience
- Deep understanding of the mid-market/enterprise ecommerce space, either via experience as a software vendor to retailers or as an e-commerce manager at an established retailer
- Passion for defining and launching products in matrixed, multi-channel and rapidly changing environment.
- Strong marketing, strategic, and creative thinking (benefits marketing / customer orientation)
- Bachelor degree in Marketing or other related field, MBA a plus
- Strategist - You combine classic strategic marketing skills with experience in multi-channel marketing/distribution, have perspective, and can see and discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future.
- Strong external and internal leader – You collaborate well cross-functionally with key internal partners, work effectively with external partners to identify potential joint marketing opportunities, and have a willingness to learn and coach.
- Business Savvy - You possess a technical understanding of software and the ecommerce space, have a high degree of business acumen, and provide consistent, accurate information.
- Master Communicator - You have the ability to distill complex and difficult information into easy to understand communications. In other words, can easily “de-geek the speak” with your exceptional and creative and communication skills.
- Influencer - You have demonstrated superior relationship-building and influence management skills in interactions with senior leaders, peers, internal and external partners.
- Customer Focused - You have a passion for eCommerce software solutions, the web, web-based software products, our partners, service, and satisfaction.
- Flexible - You not only cope with change, you thrive on it and can shift gears comfortably.
- Driven - You are results-orientated with a positive outlook and a clear focus on quality and business performance.
- Solution Oriented - You have the ability to identify and creatively solve complex problems.
- Personable - You are positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Courageous and Ethical - You possess professional courage, steadfastly persevere through challenges, are ambitious while humble, have high standards for ethics and integrity, and do the right things the right way.
BigCommerce is a robust, flexible commerce platform that provides established and emerging brands with everything they need to launch, promote, manage and scale a successful online store.BigCommerce merchants earn more than retailers on competitive commerce solutions thanks to advanced features, better site performance and streamlined business processes. Founded in 2009, the company has received more than $100 million in funding from SoftBank Capital, American Express, Telstra Ventures, General Catalyst, Revolution Growth and FLOODGATE. BigCommerce supports thousands of retailers around the world from its offices in San Francisco, Austin and Sydney.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Open vacation policy for salaried team members and generous accrual vacation policy for hourly team members, + paid sick time
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Three especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven teambuilding activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, river floats, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events