BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores at a fraction of the cost to support every stage of their growth.
Named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin, San Francisco & Sydney, BigCommerce is now expanding its footprint in Northern Europe and is looking for a London based Senior Regional Channel Account Manager seeking a unique career opportunity to work with our Design and Solution Partners at one of the most exciting companies in tech.
Our Regional CAMs are responsible for recruiting, on-boarding, and managing Systems Integrators, Digital Agencies, and eCommerce consultants focused on the mid-market and enterprise space. You will work closely with Sales and Marketing to manage the channel pipeline and go-to-market activities that bring new clients to the BigCommerce platform. Your passion and success will help enable our mission to democratize commerce and drive significant growth in our partner's businesses by implementing our platform. In London, the CAM role will also support our European expansion strategy so expect to be building strategic partnerships with agencies across Europe.
What You’ll Do
- Drive indirect sales revenue by recruiting, on-boarding, and maintaining successful relationships with decision makers at the executive and management levels at Systems Integrators, Digital Agencies, and eCommerce consultants.
- Partner with Sales to drive lead volume and close deals.
- Lead and collaborate with the BigCommerce Marketing and Product teams to develop and implement effective go-to-market strategies (new integrations, new features, new markets) with new and existing partners. Responsibilities include working with and communicating across multiple team functions within BigCommerce and within partner organizations.
- Work with Partners to drive joint marketing initiatives through events and other marketing campaigns.
- Work with the Partners to develop Partner success metrics, including specific KPIs that drive merchant adoption and revenue growth for both BigCommerce and the partner.
- Work closely with the BigCommerce Enterprise Sales, Product, and Client Success teams (On-boarding and Account Management) to ensure smooth on-boarding experiences and servicing processes of acquired merchants using partner integrations via the BigCommerce platform.
- Deliver compelling capabilities demonstrations of the BigCommerce platform and address high-level technical questions, serving as a subject matter expert around how eCommerce platforms fit within overall digital commerce ecosystems.
- Act as primary point of contact/product owner for solution and partnership.
- Plan, organize, lead, and control balanced revenue growth, continued merchant awareness and customer satisfaction with a long-term, multi-year focus.
- Serve as a role model, source of inspiration, and coach for less experienced peers.
- Assist leadership in cultivating an environment of teamwork, openness, creativity, and continuous improvement.
Who You Are
- Successful Software or SaaS Sales Professional
- 7+ years software or SaaS sales experience with a focus on consultative solutions selling in a rapidly growing and fast-paced environment
- 3 -5 years experience in a quota based Channel Sales
- Experience working in a Recurring Revenue or SaaS organization
- Keen understanding of a variety of eCommerce platforms including Magento, Salesforce Commerce Cloud SAP hybris and Shopify
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in business or similar field preferred.
- Driven Achiever - You thrive on challenges and have a proven history of successfully, consistently achieving revenue goals and objectives, within a complex client acquisition-driven business, preferably in the mid-market or enterprise space.
- Action Oriented - You have a passion for getting things done, carry out responsibilities with minimal direction, enjoy working hard, are full of energy for challenges, and seize opportunities more than others.
- Sales Star and Master Negotiator - You are a great salesperson with sales methodology knowledge who will be the role-model of sales excellence for the team. Your extensive experience will allow you and others to skillfully negotiate wins internally and externally while maintaining strong relationships.
- Master Communicator - You provide the information people to the right people at the right time in the right way, adjusting your approach to fit the audience and setting (one-on-one, small and large groups, peers, direct reports, and leaders inside and outside the organization). Excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation, and client/partner relationship skills are critical.
- Customer Focused - You have a passion for eCommerce and helping businesses become wildly successful and are dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. You get first-hand information and use it for improvements in products and services, act with customers in mind, and establish and maintain effective relationships with customers, gaining their trust and respect.
- Strategist - You have perspective and can see and discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future, recognize what can/should be done now to affect future performance, and see and understand the challenges between the current and the ideal situation.
- Business Acumen - You know what to prioritize, creatively solve complex problems, and use data to make decisions. You have a deep level of knowledge about how businesses work, keep up with relevant practices and trends, and know the competition.
- Organized - You can marshal the resources you need to get things done, simultaneously manage multiple priorities and/or projects, and deliver key milestones on time.
- A Planner - You have strong attention to detail, accurately scope out the length and difficulty of tasks and projects, anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks, and easily develop and maintain schedules.
- Collaborative - You have demonstrated success working cross-functionally in matrixed organizations.and have the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners such across Product Development, Channel, Marketing, other sales channels.
- Composed - You know how to remain collected in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out responsibilities with minimal direction.
- Flexible - You not only cope with change, but you also thrive on it and can shift gears comfortably.
- Personable - You are a high energy professional with a resiliently positive attitude and deep personal confidence that exudes a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Technically Adept - You pick up on technical things quickly, enjoy learning new skills and knowledge, and are adept at staying ahead of the curve on the relevant industry, company, product, or technical knowledge. You have a deep understanding of Salesforce.com and CRM best practices and ideally have a basic understanding of HTML, CSS and internet technologies (shopping carts, web hosting, email, and online marketing tools). Technical knowledge and/or ability to write code is a plus.
- Courageous and Ethical - You possess professional courage, steadfastly persevere through challenges, are ambitious while humble, have high standards for ethics and integrity, and do the right things the right way.
- Travel Flexible - Ability to travel domestically or internationally as needed. This job may require upwards of 25% travel to meet with partners which may require overnight stays or week-long stays at locations (depending on project).
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.