BigCommerce, named Best and Brightest Place to Work For in San Francisco 2016 is looking for an experienced and proven engineer who wants to join a well-established, fast-paced team in the exciting and rapidly growing e-commerce industry.
The Stencil team powers the storefront experience. We build scalable, performant services that enable merchants to create beautiful and personalized storefront experiences. The merchants on our platform transact billions of dollars in orders and we routinely handle Black Friday without a hitch.
We’re focused on improving our industry-leading Stencil theming framework and extending its functionality with internationalization, customized experiences for different clients, and tools that enable targeted marketing of products.
Who You Are
- You’re an experienced professional with 3+ years of software development experience building amazing things that speak for themselves.
- You are passionate about modern front-end technologies and tools, and understand when they’re most appropriate.
- You have experience working with backend technologies such as PHP, Ruby, Scala, and Node.
- You want to prove to the world that high-quality code can be delivered with speed.
- You enjoy explaining complex technical topics in a way that others can understand.
- You enjoy making yourself and your team better engineers.
- You have a solid understanding of programming principles.
- You know how to build reliable and safe distributed systems and understand the tradeoffs made when engineering a feature.
- When things break, you’re the first to jump in and help fix them.
- Preferred 3-5 years of software development experience.
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related experience.
- You are results-oriented and like to use data to showcase progress.
What You’ll Do
- Build beautiful, scalable products using modern tools like Angular 1 and 2, SASS, and Webpack.
- Collaborate with our product and design teams to define feature specifications and timelines.
- Build new features with a focus on testability and extensibility.
- Engage in technical discussion of new solutions and architectures.
- Review other engineer’s code to maintain and improve quality and security.
- Support an open, positive, and energized culture.
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- Ensure that technical decisions support our goals of quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security.
Our mission is to revolutionize commerce, bringing online selling and features once reserved for multi-billion-dollar companies to the masses. To make that a reality, we need exceptional people to build, support and grow our platform. If that’s you, come join a fast-growing company with more than 85,000 clients, a great culture, outstanding benefits and $125 million in funding from visionary investors like Steve Case's Revolution Partners, Softbank, Amex and Telstra.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Our Think Big Program encourages and rewards employee-led innovation. Employees are empowered to go above and beyond their daily duties to act on ideas that help our customers and/or improve the BigCommerce platform.
- Open vacation policy for salaried team members + paid sick time
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Three especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco, and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven culture club (BC Biglife), activities such as happy hour, women’s networking groups, wine Wednesday’s, waffle Wednesday's, happy hours, massages, hackathons, movie nights, yoga and other team sporting activities, the list goes on…….
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events