BigCommerce, named one of Australia's Coolest Companies by Anthill Magazine in 2017, is looking for a Senior Software Engineer (PHP) for our Sydney office on our Shipping team who wants to make a difference to millions of merchants around the world by creating something that can help them grow their brands and businesses online.
What You Will Do
- Build beautiful, scalable products
- Advocate for modern development practices and tools
- Collaborate with our product and design teams to define feature specifications and timelines
- Build new features with a focus on testability and extensibility
- Engage in technical discussion of new solutions and architectures
- Review other engineer’s code to maintain and improve quality
- Work with our operations team to improve the architecture while building and scaling our back-end services
- Support an open, positive, and energised culture
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement
- Ensure that technical decisions support our goals of quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security.
- Mentor and coach other software engineers
Who You Are
- You’re an experienced professional with 5+ years of experience building amazing things that speak for themselves.
- You are passionate about creating extraordinary web experiences by writing beautiful code.
- You're not biased toward a specific technology and are more interested in finding the right tools for the job.
- You enjoy being part of a collaborative team that is focused on building a product that will delight customers.
- You have strong experience coding and debugging in PHP
- You have knowledge of using and building JSON APIs.
- You have knowledge of RabbitMQ, Redis and MySQL
- Bias for action and customer first!
- You have excellent interpersonal skills - able to collaborate, delegate, facilitate, and negotiate as needed
BigCommerce is a robust, flexible ecommerce platform that provides established and emerging brands with everything they need to launch, promote, manage and scale a successful online store. BigCommerce merchants earn more than retailers on competitive ecommerce solutions thanks to advanced features, better site performance and streamlined business processes. Founded in 2009, the company has received more than $100 million in funding from SoftBank Capital, American Express, Telstra Ventures, General Catalyst, Revolution Growth and FLOODGATE. BigCommerce supports thousands of retailers around the world from its offices in San Francisco, Austin and Sydney.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- We have lunch provided every day and free onsite massages
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Three especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven team building activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events