BigCommerce, named a Best & Brightest Places to Work For in San Francisco is looking for a full-time Senior Software Engineer - Control Panel (Angular) in our downtown San Francisco office.
The Control Panel team powers the merchant experience. We build scalable and performant applications that enable merchants to manage and run their business in a single location. We’re focused on continuously improving the merchant experience and extending its capabilities with internationalization, responsive and easy to use UI/UX, and better tools that assist in the day to day tasks of managing an online presence. The merchants on our platform transact billions of dollars in orders, and we routinely handle Black Friday and Cyber Monday without a hitch.
What Will You Do?
- Build beautiful, scalable products and be an expert in the front-end domain.
- Build high-performance, maintainable user interfaces using the latest web technologies.
- Advocate for modern development practices and tools.
- Collaborate with our product and design teams to define feature specifications and timelines.
- Build new features with a focus on testability and extensibility.
- Engage in technical discussion of new solutions and architectures.
- Participate in code reviews to maintain and improve quality.
- Work with our operations team to improve the architecture while building and scaling front-end services.
- Support an open, positive, and energized culture.
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- Ensure that technical decisions support our goals of quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security.
Who You Are?
- Experienced professional with 6+ years of experience building amazing things that speak for themselves.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with Product Managers, Designers, and Engineers.
- Passionate about creating extraordinary web experiences by writing beautiful code.
- Strong debugging abilities across all major browsers.
- Can work efficiently in large codebases and know how to keep code modular and decoupled.
- Not biased toward a specific technology: open to finding the right tools for the job.
- Enjoy being a part of a collaborative team that is focused on building a product that will delight customers.
- You have experience working with backend technologies such as PHP, Ruby, Scala, and Node.
- Strong skills in HTML5 and CSS3.
- Experience with CSS preprocessors. (SCSS, LESS)
- Knowledge of how to improve site speed and web application performance.
- Knowledge with WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards and guidelines.
- Experience in building mobile first & responsive web.
- Experience integrating with RESTful APIs.
- Good understanding of version control. (git)
- Understand pattern libraries and design systems.
- Experience with internationalization.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - collaborate, facilitate, and negotiate as necessary.
Curious What We’ve Been Up To?
Curious what our Control Panel team has been up to or some of our upcoming roadmap items you could have the opportunity to be involved in?
- Our team has designed and built single page applications to support the following merchant needs:
- Analytics - Merchant analytic data
- Dashboard - Store performance information (order/customer/product/category counts as well as counts and revenue by individual channels)
- Storefront Settings - Logo and Favicon image management functionality
- Tax - Manage settings and tax configuration
- We are in the process of moving our Control Panel search functionality from MySQL to ElasticSearch.
Our mission is to revolutionize commerce, bringing online selling and features once reserved for multi-billion-dollar companies to the masses. To make that a reality, we need exceptional people to build, support and grow our platform. If that’s you, come join a fast-growing company with more than 85,000 clients, a great culture, outstanding benefits and $125 million in funding from visionary investors like Steve Case's Revolution Partners, Softbank, Amex and Telstra.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Our Think Big Program encourages and rewards employee-led innovation. Employees are empowered to go above and beyond their daily duties to act on ideas that help our customers and/or improve the BigCommerce platform.
- Open vacation policy for salaried team members + paid sick time
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Three especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco, and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven culture club (BC Biglife), activities such as happy hour, women’s networking groups, wine Wednesday’s, waffle Wednesday's, happy hours, massages, hackathons, movie nights, yoga and other team sporting activities, the list goes on…….
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events