BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
By joining this team, you will be helping to take our platform to the next level by building beautiful and intuitive user experiences which enable our merchants to manage their product catalogs across multiple storefronts. You’ll partner closely with our design team as well as the product owner to shape the future of the control panel, used by our merchants.
What You’ll Do:
• Build beautiful, scalable products and be an expert in the front-end domain
• Build high-performance, maintainable user interfaces using the latest web technologies
• Advocate for modern development practices and tools
• Collaborate with our product and design teams to define feature specifications and timelines
• Build new features with a focus on testability and extensibility
• Engage in technical discussion of new solutions and architectures
• Participate in code reviews to maintain and improve quality
• Work with our operations team to improve the architecture while building and scaling front-end services.
• Support an open, positive, and energized culture
• Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement
• Ensure that technical decisions support our goals of quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security
Who You Are:
• Experienced professional with 6+ years building amazing user experiences that speak for themselves
• Ability to collaborate effectively with Product Managers, Designers, and Engineers
• Strong debugging abilities across all major browsers
• Strong skills in HTML5 and CSS3
• Experience with CSS preprocessors such as SCSS or LESS
• Experience in building mobile first & responsive web
• Experience integrating with RESTful APIs
• Solid understanding of version control, preferably with git
• Understand pattern libraries and design systems
• Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.