BigCommerce, named Best and Brightest Place to Work for in San Francisco 2018 is looking for an experienced and proven engineer who wants to join a well-established, fast-paced team in the exciting and rapidly growing e-commerce industry.
The Merchandising team is responsible for storefront customization. We’re building scalable, performant services that enable merchants to create beautiful and personalized storefronts. We’re focused on improving our industry-leading Stencil theming framework and extending its functionality with internationalization, customized experiences for different clients, and tools that enable targeted marketing of products.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years experience in building systems using at least two different languages: PHP, Ruby, Scala, Python, etc... We primarily use Ruby, PHP, and Scala.
- You’re not afraid to dive deep into legacy code and figure out how to make it better.
- You want to prove to the world that high-quality code can be delivered with speed.
- You enjoy explaining complex technical topics in a way that others can understand.
- You enjoy making yourself and your team better engineers.
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
- You know how to build reliable and safe distributed systems and understand the tradeoffs made when engineering a feature.
- When things break, you’re the first to jump in and help fix them.
- Preferred 3-5 years of software development experience.
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related experience.
- You are results-oriented and like to use data to showcase progress
What You’ll Do:
- Help design/architect/execute the building of new services for the BigCommerce platform.
- Build highly-available, distributed systems.
- Write code that is performant, fault-tolerant, maintainable, testable, and concise.
- Work closely with Ops/infrastructure to improve our architecture and scalability
- Work on Ruby and Scala microservices
- Work on our core PHP application
- Push yourself to learn the full BigCommerce tech stack: Scala, Docker, Node, LinkerD, and more…