BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
Reporting to our Director of Learning and Development, you will use your strong communication skills, technical expertise, and BigCommerce platform knowledge to develop and improve the skills of your internal customers. Success depends on effective training content development and delivery skills and your ability to thoroughly research and learn unfamiliar concepts and topics. The technical support center is your customer, and you will be instrumental to their success!
What You Will Do
- Maintain and deliver content for CSS ongoing training program, including technical training, new product launches, soft skills & conversational techniques, cross-skilling, or other defined business requirements
- Manage the “nesting” period of training during new hire classes, working closely with the L&OD team to identify top issues and ideas for improvements within the new hire classroom training
- Provide interaction analysis for all customer detractors weekly for each agent; provide feedback to team leaders and managers
- Work closely with CSS management to identify any training gaps or concerns in new hire classes
- Make recommendations to update and improve standard processes or ongoing training based on agent contacts, detractors, and related information
- Manage and facilitate “Voice of the Merchant” trainings for a global audience; working closely with CSS and L&D leadership to identify monthly topics.
- Remain flexible to perform additional tasks as needed
Who You Are
- 2-3 years combined experience in SaaS platforms; ideally with a focus in one or more of the following areas: product training (preferred), customer service, content creation, or instructional design
- Firm understanding of the BigCommerce platform and the associated partners and players within the ecommerce ecosystem
- Role model that is passionate about helping others, driving sales results and providing exceptional value to internal stakeholders
- Passion for creating and delivering training content that utilizes cutting-edge adult learning theory methodologies and best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, particularly with regard to accuracy, timeliness, persuasiveness, overcoming objections, and adapting and scaling training initiatives to large groups across multiple locations
- Confidence and courage to work with all internal and external stakeholders; from C-Suite to individual contributor
- Excellent organizational skills (i.e. particularly with regard to managing your projects and time independently in ambiguous and/or rapidly changing environments)
- Ability to work independently and use critical-thinking skills to develop solutions and make sound decisions
- Ability to work with and coordinate demands from multiple internal stakeholders in an fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to learn quickly and become a subject matter expert on new concepts, technology, and learning techniques
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.