BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce is looking for a technically savvy, process-oriented, data-driven marketer whose focus is on growth. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to directly influence the trajectory of one of the fastest-growing companies in ecommerce, writing content for the BigCommerce blog, as well as adjacent channels.
You must have a proven track record of consistently exceeding goals increasing site traffic, lead generation, and brand authority through content, in all its forms and at every stage of the customer journey. This role will allow you to work across the entire business, including Marketing (SEM, SEO, Content, Email, etc.), Sales, Product, and our Executive Leadership team.
This role will focus specifically on content to support Small Business acquisition and engagement across the BigCommerce website, blog, and nurture channels.
- Be able to build content that moves people and builds brands.
- Have roots in content and product marketing, positioning, and strategic storytelling.
- Dig funnels, lead gen, and infinite content loops providing value upon value.
- Have a proven track record of creating compelling marketing with the help of data and prose.
- Be obsessed with the art and science of SEO, growth, psychology, and storytelling.
What You’ll Do
Content Production + Funnel Formation
- Project manage the creation of compelling small business acquisition and engagement content assets from ideation through completion, including working closely with PR, SEM, Partners, SMEs, Sales, SEO, Product, Product Marketing, Email Marketing, and industry influencers.
- Create, write, edit, and manage the production of high-quality, industry-unique digital, print and video content.
- Identify successful content and map out new ways to repurpose (i.e. a blog post into a YouTube video) to amplify the message, increase visibility, and accelerate lead generation.
- Establish authority (on social, with influencers, etc.) through the distribution and sharing of valuable content produced internally and externally.
- Be comfortable on video and able to convey tips, best practices, and concepts both in writing and verbally.
- Position yourself as an industry influencer and thought leader, speaking on behalf of BigCommerce’s beliefs, insights, future-casting and customer needs.
Grow Grow Grow
- Identify and execute growth opportunities.
- Work hand-in-hand with our SEO team on utilizing the science of SEO to inform content creation to drive organic traffic immediately to new content assets.
- Strategize cross-functionally both internally and externally with marketing, sales, design, product, partners, customers, influencer and experts for maximum content impact.
- Think BIG across all content ideas and initiatives –– always keeping customer advocacy in mind.
Who You Are
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, English, Journalism, or similar field and 2+ years of highly successful online marketing experience in either software including B2B and SaaS, or at an ecommerce brand.
- Technically Experienced: Content Production (WordPress), Analytics (eg. Google Analytics), HTML knowledge preferred
- Strategist - You understand how different marketing messages and channels affect people in different buyer segments and different parts of the customer journey from acquisition to retention.
- Customer Focused - You want to deliver the best experience possible for future and current customers, as helping our customers’ businesses grow is the #1 goal at BigCommerce.
- Problem Solver - You can see hidden problems and probe a variety of sources for answers, are able to look beyond the obvious, and can identify and creatively solve complex problems.
- Communicator - You possess excellent written/verbal communication and customer relationship skills.
- Collaborative - You have demonstrated success working cross-functionally in larger organizations, and have the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners.
- Composed - You know how to execute consistently in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out self-directed responsibilities.
- Personable - You are seen as positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Eager Learner - You pick up on things quickly, enjoy learning new skills and knowledge, and are adept at staying ahead of the curve on relevant industry, company, product, or technical knowledge.
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.