BigCommerce, named Best and Brightest Place to Work For in San Francisco 2017 is looking for an experienced and proven engineer who wants to join a well-established, fast-paced team in the exciting and rapidly growing e-commerce industry.
The Stencil team powers the storefront experience. We build scalable, performant services that enable merchants to create beautiful and personalized storefront experiences. The merchants on our platform transact billions of dollars in orders and we routinely handle Black Friday without a hitch.
We're focused on improving our industry-leading Stencil theming framework, extending its functionality with internationalization and tools that enable personalization and targeted marketing of products. We are a mix of backend and frontend specialists building the world’s most advanced and high-performance e-commerce storefront platform.
Who You Are
- You’re an experienced professional with 3+ years of software development experience building amazing things that speak for themselves
- You’re passionate about modern front-end technologies and tools and understand when they’re most appropriate
- You have some experience working with backend technologies such as PHP, Ruby, Scala, and Node, and are comfortable discussing the full request lifecycle with backend engineers
- You want to prove to the world that high-quality code can be delivered with speed
- You enjoy explaining complex technical topics in a way that others can understand
- You enjoy making yourself and your team better engineers
- You have a solid understanding of programming principles
- When things break, you’re the first to jump in and help fix them
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related experience
- You are results-oriented and like to use data to showcase progress
What You’ll Do
- Build beautiful, scalable products using modern tools like ES6+, Angular, React, and Sass
- Help maintain our open source repositories, such as https://github.com/bigcommerce/cornerstone and https://github.com/bigcommerce/stencil-cli
- Collaborate with our product and design teams to define feature specifications and timelines.
- Build new features with a focus on testability and extensibility
- Engage in technical discussion of new solutions and architectures
- Review other engineer’s code to maintain and improve quality and security.
- Support an open, positive, and energized culture
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- Ensure that technical decisions support our goals of quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security