BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin 2017 is looking for a Senior Software Engineer for our Platform Engineering team. BigCommerce has established itself as the leading SaaS platform for merchants to build and grow their businesses via online storefronts. The Platform Engineering team is responsible for building the foundation the powers every facet of our product.
This growing team is looking for an engineer with strong technical experience who will focus on interactively improving our core capabilities as a world-class Engineering team. We use technologies like gRPC, linkerd, Docker and Nomad to build one of the fastest and most reliable ecommerce platforms in the world.
BigCommerce offers a heavily collaborative environment helping you expand your skillset and take ideas from inception to delivery.
What You’ll Do
- Build highly-available, highly-performance, redundant, scalable distributed systems
- Write code that is performant, maintainable, clear, and concise
- Work closely with operations and infrastructure to improve the architecture while building and scaling back-end services
Who You Are
- At least 6 years of professional experience as a Software Engineer
- 2+ years of professional experience with Scala
- 4+ years of professional experience with Java a plus
- Knowledge of object-oriented and functional programming, reactive and asynchronous design patterns (e.g., Scala futures)
- Experience with performance optimization in microservices architectures
- Knowledge of highly scalable architectures and understanding of the JVM
- Familiarity with agile methodologies and ticketing systems such as JIRA
- Knowledge of Akka, RabbitMQ, and Redis
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration systems
- Experience with SaaS platforms or Cloud Computing
- Have a demonstrated ability to get stuff done