Do you thrive at leading cross-functional teams? Have you mastered continuously improving and managing Agile development teams and enjoy the challenge of working in a fast-paced space like e-commerce? Are you a go-getter who loves to get stuff done and is passionate about delivering value to end users? If so, BigCommerce, a winner of Great Place to Work, San Francisco has an opportunity just for you!
We’re in search of a Senior Technical Project Manager for our San Francisco office to work with our local software development teams and global stakeholders in product, marketing, and sales.
Our PMO team leads projects/programs across the company, from Product Development to Marketing to Sales and everywhere in-between. You’ll be collaborating with both internal customers and external partners to help define and execute on our global roadmap.
What You’ll Do
- Fluent as a Scrum Master, facilitating sprint planning, standups, sprint reviews, retrospectives and release planning.
- Removing impediments and creating a culture for teams to be able to deliver at their best.
- Flex your project management skills in scope management, proactive risks and issues management, cross-functional/stakeholder and leadership communication.
- Drive projects from start to finish and deliver value to our merchants on time, within budget and scope.
- Create and enforce cross-functional accountability across all business and technical groups & levels using soft and hard levers.
- Lead and inspire your team’s - influence everyone around you.
- Collaborate with colleagues within our PMO and across all other functions - both technical and not-so-technical counterparts.
- Use a variety of tools like JIRA, Confluence and Google Apps.
- Contribute to our company culture and collective best practices.
Who You Are
- 5+ years experience in web-technologies, a technical project manager leading medium to large software development projects.
- Project management, Agile development, process improvement/quality certifications are (e.g. Scrum Master, PMP, Lean or Six Sigma).
- Direct experience. You have experience using Agile methodologies for managing projects and coaching teams.
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow-through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly providing ideas to optimise the process.
- Fun. You're a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome.
- Pragmatic. You understand the awesomeness and downfalls of Agile, waterfall, and other philosophies & methodologies - and know what to apply for each situation.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
- Positive. You know that when like-minded, talented colleagues put their minds to achieving ambitious goals, great things happen. You bring that positivity & attitude to everything you do.
- Problem Solver. You use logic, as well as imagination, to make sense of a situation and come up with an intelligent solution.
- Roll Up Your Sleeves. You have an innate, scrappy and entrepreneurial drive to get things done in a fast-moving environment where things can (and do!) change quickly, priorities compete, and you may not always have all of the details up front. Nothing gets by you.
- A utility player. You're willing to help out wherever needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent.