BigCommerce, named a 2017 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Sr.Technical Recruiter to leverage their knowledge of the Austin engineering market and super sleuthy sourcing skills to identify and recruit top notch talent with a focus on building out our R&D teams. As our Sr. Technical Recruiter you'll be responsible for leveraging your extensive candidate network, aggressive mindset and our recruiting tools to find A players for our rapidly growing, downtown-based Austin Engineering & Product teams.
What You'll Do:
- Identify and recruit top notch technical talent, specifically in the areas of Software Engineering, Technical Operations, and Product Management.
- Organize strategic recruiting events to help us grow the BigCommerce employment brand within the community through traditional and non-traditional recruiting methods.
- Actively plan outreach to targeted groups and help us drive employee participation
- Conduct research on target companies and candidates, leveraging tools like LinkedIn Recruiter, GitHub, in addition to other online resources
- Utilize innovative sourcing strategies to attract the best and brightest talent and work relentlessly to fill active job openings, and build a pipeline of candidates for future needs
Who You Are:
- 5-7 years of experience with full life-cycle recruiting for top talent, ideally for high growth technology companies known for innovative products
- You have previous experience recruiting the "best of the best" technical talent in the market and know where to go find it
- You have a large network of candidates that you have maintained contact with over the last few years (bonus points for networks in Ruby, Scala, and PHP)
- You have experience sourcing and engaging top quality candidates on a regular basis using various sourcing and social tools (not just posting to job boards)
- You have strong research skills and the ability to conduct research on target companies and candidates, leveraging online resources (LinkedIn, Boolean search queries, etc.) to find passive candidates and get them engaged
- Previous experience using a Candidate Management and/or Applicant Tracking software tool (we use Greenhouse)
- You have experience recruiting within high-growth, start-up environments - coming from a software, internet, or a social media company highly desired
- You possess strong interviewing skills, both in person and over the phone -- the ability to identify the very best talent from average talent
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
BigCommerce is the world’s leading cloud eCommerce platform for established and rapidly-growing businesses. Combining enterprise functionality, an open architecture and app ecosystem, and market-leading performance, BigCommerce enables businesses to grow online sales with 80% less cost, time and complexity than on-premise software. BigCommerce powers B2B and B2C eCommerce for more than 50,000 SMBs, 2,000+ mid-market businesses, more than 25 Fortune 1000 companies, and industry-leading brands including Assurant, Ben & Jerry’s, Gibson, Paul Mitchell, and Toyota.
Founded in 2009, the company has received more than $100 million in funding from SoftBank Capital, American Express, Telstra Ventures, General Catalyst, Revolution Growth and FLOODGATE. BigCommerce supports thousands of retailers around the world from its offices in San Francisco, Austin and Sydney.